The Wurst friday ever!

fatboyz
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

The Wurst friday ever!

Post by fatboyz » Fri Mar 08, 2019 15:20

Well it has been -35+ here for the last month. I've been killing pork, making bacon, ham and speck.
I took Friday off and made up 3 batches of sausage. I tweaked my Jalapeno cheese smokie recipe and cut out the ground jalapeno and jalapeno flakes. Instead I added 1g smoked paprika, 1 g crushed red chilis and 1g chili powder. To 9kg of meat I also added 700g of habanero cheese. Next was good old fashioned hotdogs. Since I had some back fat from the two hogs I recently butchered this went well with some class 2 pork and then moose meat from my fall harvest. I tried the plastic type casings this time, and although they are finicky to work with the final product was fantastic.
Third product was Habanero pepperoni. After all was done I made up some pickled Habanero pepperoni. Pickled sausage is an East coast thing here in Canada. Goes great with a cold beer! The only good thing about the cold weather is it makes chilling meat before grinding, and cooling sausage out of the smoker easy. I made a total of 30 kg over the Friday and sat. Three loads in my smoker.

I Have pictures to post but with this new format I can't figure out how? THe old way doesn't seem to work?
Bob K

Re: The Wurst friday ever!

Post by Bob K » Fri Mar 08, 2019 16:13

fatboyz wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 15:20
I Have pictures to post but with this new format I can't figure out how? THe old way doesn't seem to work?
Seems to work the same way as the old format Ron, just post/paste the link to the picture. What problem are you having?

fatboyz
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Re: The Wurst friday ever!

Post by fatboyz » Sat Mar 09, 2019 02:25

It was the pictures themselves. Says too many pixels tall. It's so frustrating trying to put in IMGUR, re size and whatever, that I'm not wasting my time!!!
Sorry fellas!