Brisket, ribs, and sausage!

CrankyBuzzard
Passionate
Passionate

Brisket, ribs, and sausage!

Post by CrankyBuzzard » Mon Feb 21, 2011 00:11

Making a few meat items on the smoker today. Some for family, some for friends, and some for us.

Here are the ingredients

Ribs prepped

Ribs getting close to done

The brisket still has several hours before it's finished, but it's looking nice so far.

And, of course, I made some sausage. This is the Texas Smokey Links that Blackriver posted the recipe for. The patty test was good, I can only imagine what these will be like when finished smoking!

More pictures after I get everything off the pit and sliced up.

Charlie
Siara
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Siara » Mon Feb 21, 2011 00:23

CrankyBuzzard, thanks for photos. Hmm... It's a pitty SF CA is so far :wink:
Please post some photos of smoker, and BBQ's you use.
"W życiu piękne są tylko chwile"
Pozdrawiam
Siara
Gray Goat
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Gray Goat » Mon Feb 21, 2011 01:09

Everything is looking good Charlie , are you using your neighbor's rib recipe :wink:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Feb 21, 2011 02:58

Hey Goat Smoker!
Are you still wiping your hands on your GOAT-eeee? I just pulled out 20 lbs. of kabanosy! And it is incredible. Almost as good lookin' as atcNick's. Wanna try it? Stan Marianski says it is the finest meat stick in the world... and he's right!
Can't live without the stuff anymore! It's addictive... watch out for kabanosy! It will put a couple of extra inches on your belt! :roll: See the photos from Siara.
Hey GoatGray... don't you think we ought to ride my "wooden" Harley down to Texas and check out the BBQ that CrankyBuzzard has goin' on. He seems to have perfected the craft!

NICE PHOTOS Charlie! The Cranky Buzzard strikes again!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
CrankyBuzzard
Passionate
Passionate

Post by CrankyBuzzard » Mon Feb 21, 2011 03:26

Thanks for the compliments all. Have had a ball thus far today with all of the cooking and such.

Here are some pics of the ribs and sausage after completion. Brisket is still cooking, and also have some salmon and catfish smoking.

I REALLY like the recipe that Blackriver posted for the Texas Smokey Links. They have a very distinct "bite" with the amount of black pepper and red pepper flakes in it. The cumin flavor is spot on as well. Good catch on this on Blackriver!

The ribs turned out GREAT! Almost falling off the bone, smoke ring almost to the bone, and plenty moist.

Once the brisket is done I'll get some pics of it all sliced up.

Oh, for the record, I decided to skip the neighbor's recipe this trip! :lol:

Charlie
Gray Goat
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Gray Goat » Mon Feb 21, 2011 03:31

Hi Chuckwagon, the kabanosy looks to be some great stuff but I'll have to pass on any help adding inches to my belt, I seem to have that figured out just fine :lol: You can ride the wooden Harley and I'll follow on my Road King Classic. I can't wait for the weather to break and go for a putt. Texas would make for a great ride and stop in on some of these BBQ boys.
Gray Goat
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Gray Goat » Mon Feb 21, 2011 03:36

Nice Charlie, those links really look great, gots to make me some "Hot Guts" and I think I found the recipe :grin:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Feb 21, 2011 03:43

Yikes! Charlie... Those are some great pics of some great work! I can just imagine the flavor! Way to go. Bet your house smells wonderful tonight eh? Graygoat and I will knock on your doorbell soon! :lol:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
CrankyBuzzard
Passionate
Passionate

Post by CrankyBuzzard » Mon Feb 21, 2011 04:53

Well here are the final pictures of the days work...

Here is the brisket straight from the pit. Ugly beast at this point

But there is good stuff inside...

Smoked some salmon as well for the wife...

Oh, almost forgot, while everything was cooking today, I pickled some vegetables as well. Should be great in a few weeks!

Thanks for following along,

Charlie
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Feb 21, 2011 07:02

Hey Cranky Buzzard and Blackriver,
Great smoke penetration on that brisket Charlie! Nice n' moist too. Great job. I was just looking at the texture on the Texas Smokie Links. You've really got a nice sausage there. I believe Blackriver ought to have a taste though! I think Blackriver ought to enter this month's contest with this recipe don't you? How about it Scott? Want to win a free book? Just post a few pics with a description and the recipe. I think you've got a winner! :mrgreen:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
CrankyBuzzard
Passionate
Passionate

Post by CrankyBuzzard » Mon Feb 21, 2011 16:31

I agree about him posting this one as the recipe of the month! This is a great go to sausage that should please all but the most picky.

Too bad we can't e-mail samples! :lol:

Charlie
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Feb 21, 2011 22:30

I don't think the good folks in Poland make what Americans call a BBQ'd brisket. I might be wrong - we'll have to ask Siara about it. I tried to explain it to some Scandinavian folks on the English based forum once, but they thought I was "daft". There's just no explaining a BBQ brisket to a Scandinavian! The English folks had heard about it and knew about BBQ brisket in the states, but none of them were 'cuein the thing. Siara, do the Polish people actually cook what we know as BBQ'd brisket? Probably something a little more refined eh?

Best wishes,
Chuckwagon
Siara
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Siara » Tue Feb 22, 2011 03:22

Well, BBQ in Poland is relatively 'young'. We more grill, then BBQ.
However, we have our world champion's ( Polish BBQ king's )
Brisket or 'bryzol' in Polish, is not as popular as in US.
In general Polish People mostly grill pork, 'blade shoulder' or 'butt', and of course sausages.
Quite popular are also Shashlik's.
Pozdrawiam
Siara
CrankyBuzzard
Passionate
Passionate

Post by CrankyBuzzard » Tue Feb 22, 2011 03:40

Siara wrote:Well, BBQ in Poland is relatively 'young'. We more grill, then BBQ.
However, we have our world champion's ( Polish BBQ king's )
Brisket or 'bryzol' in Polish, is not as popular as in US.
In general Polish People mostly grill pork, 'blade shoulder' or 'butt', and of course sausages.
Quite popular are also Shashlik's.
Siara, care to make a trade? :wink:

I'll provide my BBQ workbook as a "sticky" for the BBQ forum, if you'll give me some information on Shashliks.

Actually, I'll give the link to my workbook now, but I would still like to know more about the Polish grilling and BBQ. I work with a lady from Warsaw and she loves the Polish sausage recipe I got from this web site....

Here is the link to my BBQ Workbook. Oh, if it's hard to read, it may need to be a different color, like blue... :lol: :shock: :lol:

Cranky Buzzard BBQ Workbook

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll do what I can to help.

The workbook was created for people that are just starting out in BBQ.

Charlie
Siara
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Siara » Tue Feb 22, 2011 04:00

Why not CrankyBuzzard, :wink: I'll make new topic with my basic recipe. We will see how it will develop.
Pozdrawiam
Siara