Christmas Wishes

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Gulyás
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Gulyás » Mon Dec 24, 2012 18:47

Merry Christmas to everybody. And have a happy new year too.
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.
huckelberry
User
User

merry Christmas

Post by huckelberry » Mon Dec 24, 2012 23:12

I haven't been on here that long, but I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a happy new year. :grin:
Don't take life to seriously.
You're not getting out of it alive!
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Tue Dec 25, 2012 02:27

We are snowed in, 10 millimeters, nobody can go anywhere. lol
Ross- tightwad home cook
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Tue Dec 25, 2012 04:37

BRRRRRRRRRRRR! It's getting down into the low 50's tonight. Back in our Colorado days, we'd have snow tires on the car by now. Nowadays, in Texas it's "mud tars." ...only, where we live now, it's rocky. People plow the fields and they sprout rocks. (The fields do, too.)(Ain't pronouns great, bless their vague, indistinct little hearts.) (So, how's that work, anyway?) ( ...and how do it know?)

...think I'll have another little glass of Ol' Grandad and toast all of you out there in sausage-makin'-land.
.:Merry Christmas:.
.:Happy New Year:.
.:Prosperous New Baktun:.
all you Mayans and Mayan wannabes. (You know who you are.)(Most others don't know who they are.)

(... .:and:. why do you gotta put .:colons:. and .:periods:. around everything important, now that we are "blessed" with .:sponsors:. ?)
(And why do they use medical terms like "colon" and "period" for punctuation marks, anyways? "Inquiring minds want to know.")

Ah, progress. This Christmas eve, Santa Claus stays up late and makes a kilo-sized batch of fresh breakfast sausage for everyone to have for tomorrow's brunch. (As the Cajuns, say, "Mo' beddah.") No more midnights putting together bicycles, like back when all I had was SAE wrenches and the rest of the world was switching to metric. Free at last! (Good Gawd Almighty...) Yeah, Ol' Grandad is doin' jes' fine. (Thank ya. Thank ya vurrah much.)

WooHoo! WooHoo! WooHoo!
:mrgreen: .:Image:.
↑↑↑Christmas Duck↑↑↑
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Dec 25, 2012 06:21

I hope every member of our forum has the best Christmas ever - with lots of family around you, grandkids all over you, good food in you, and the spirit of Christ with you! May you have lots of great stories, photos, and people spoiling you! And I hope the New Year is filled with lots of pleasant surprises!

My Very Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Big Guy
Passionate
Passionate

Merry Christmas

Post by Big Guy » Tue Dec 25, 2012 13:35

Merry Christmas to all from the Colonel and Miss Needles :lol:
Col. Big Guy
laripu
User
User

Post by laripu » Tue Dec 25, 2012 20:26

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah from Tampa, Florida... where the only snowmen are artificial, among the holiday lights.

In our neighborhood... (this isn't my house, which is dark).

"Dort, wo man Bücher verbrennt, verbrennt man auch am Ende Menschen." - Heinrich Heine
unclebuck
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by unclebuck » Wed Dec 26, 2012 00:01

"BRRRRRRRRRRRR! It's getting down into the low 50's tonight."

We woke up this morning to -30C temps with a wind chill factor that took the temp to -35C. I salted a pork belly with added Canadian maple syrup to be smoked Friday. My good wife has a duck in the oven, to be accompanied by a friend's Alberta grown wild rice, asparagus, and garlic mashed potatoes. After the belly was salted, I got on my Ford pony and went out onto the lake to do some "hardwater fishing" for perch & pike, all in the shirtsleeve comfort of a friends woodheated shack. Came home with fish for tomorrow and a bit of a Christmas glow. All in all a great day!
"What can't be smoked can't be eaten."