Computer Viruses

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Bubba
Passionate
Passionate

Computer Viruses

Post by Bubba » Sun Mar 17, 2013 01:02

Ok I know this is a Sausage Making and Meat smoking / curing Forum, but I wanted to share some handy Website that I came across a few months back.

I also read that some members have virus problems on their PC's.

There is no need to pay for expensive Anti-Virus software, some months ago I installed AVG antivirus freeware, it works perfectly.
Previously I tried Norton and also McAfee, and they did sometimes let something slip through.

No such problems with AVG, it works perfect and as I said it's free!

Here is the link if you want to try AVG Freeware
Ron
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Sun Mar 17, 2013 01:16

Nice post Bubba, things that work and are free have to be good! I've been using Microsoft Security Essentials for a few months now, also free and working perfectly, but it seems to be only compatible with Vista and Windows 7. Aside from not paralyzing my computer like Norton did, it's free, and updates itself. Here's a link if anyone's interested. RAY

http://www.downloadinfo.co/review/micro ... MSUS&fwd=1
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
redzed

Post by redzed » Sun Mar 17, 2013 02:28

FREE is my favourite four letter F-word! :lol:
Krakowska
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Krakowska » Mon Mar 18, 2013 15:15

Here is "another" free excellent program. I regularly used this when I had my old computer. Used it once a month and it DID find malware Norton never knew was there. Free version You use manually (and update manually). I bought this new computer and it had the pro version (30 day free version which is a one time pay for life deal) I really think I will go with the Pro due to the fact it did warn me that a couple sites were unsafe when Norton never detected it. The manual version is NOT "Real time protection." Just a heads up Fellas.Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Keep them safe until they all come home.