School of Home-made Meat production. Useful information

Maxell

School of Home-made Meat production. Useful information

Post by Maxell » Mon Feb 23, 2009 18:48

A Note To New Members
Hi fellow sausage makers. Welcome to the English-speaking division of the Polish site called Wedliny Domowe (Homemade Sausage Making). If you are "browsing" and do not speak Polish, we invite you to return to the forum-index page and click on the second forum entitled, "New To Wedliny Domowe?". Or you can simply click on this link: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=5357

[center]Image[/center]

The first in Poland and in the world. School of Home-made Meat production

www.szkoladomowegomasarstwa.pl

Useful information:
I would like to inform you, that School of Home-made Meat Production, the first one in Poland, has already started up, under the supervision of our website www.wedlinydomowe.pl. We were inspired by the need to cultivate our Polish butcher's traditions. Therefore we would like to present some tricks of the butcher`s trade and cold meat production according to famous Polish recipes.
I would like to inform you about our courses, their programmes and dates. The lectures are given in Folwark Zrębice near Częstochowa.

Folwark Zrębice
Rodzinna turystyka
Zrębice ul. Głowna 17
42-256 Olsztyn

http://folwark-zrebice.pl/index.php

The main subject of the lectures is "Home-made preserves of meat" and cold meat production.
The course lasts: Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday.
Number of people: 24
Cost of the course:
After opening calculations 240 zl per person for tree-day course. Due to value of the lectures it the price is really low. The price includes:
1. Rough products of meat
2. conference papers
3. meat to production
4. accommodation - 2 nights
5. full board (Friday - supper, Saturday - breakfast, dinner, supper, Sunday - breakfast)
6. bills such as electricity, water, fuel
7. service
All meat produced during the course is divided for all participants.

1. The price of the accommodation per one participant is agreed until the end of March 2009. a stay of two nights costs 50 zł, and one-night stay is 30 zł.

2. Board - breakfast - 12 zł, dinner - 18zł, supper - 12 zł. You are allowed to use our kitchen equipment, barbecue, bone fire place.

3. The optimal number of participants is 24 due to the best opportunity to for all of you to practice during the course.

4. Meat and other materials are from an abattoir supervised by SANEPID
5. Our teachers are very experienced butchers and vets

Programme of the course: "Home-made preserves of meat"
1. time of the course: 2-3 days due to long duration of production
2. subjects of the course:
a. general rules of occupational safety and health
b. place preparation, machines and tools
c. general information about meat
d. pig carcass - a show of cutting and classification of pork
e. ways of meat preservation
f. production of cold meat - sausages, gammon, ham and other traditional Polish meat
g. meat tasting.

You will get more details after joining the course.
If you would like to join us, go to: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/forum/viewforum.php?f=46 . Don`t forget to write your name, nick and number of people willing to our course.

The course is organized if 24 people join us.

We use facilities of famous firms such as Sausage Maker INC and Bradley. Both companies cooperate with our website and make abatements for members of Wędzarnicza Brać.

For more info, please, contact our colleague Papla, who is responsible for organisation. papla@me.com. mob. +48 691597792

PHOTOS OF OUR COURSE:
There are some photos of our first course. There are some opinions as well. Password: wena. Here is link: http://marcinkrysiak.pl/_sdm/

DETAILED PROGRAMM OF THE SECOND COURSE "Home-made preserves of meat"

FRIDAY:

Beginning: 3-4 p.m.
It is late because we would like you to come safely.
Introduction to long duration of production and bacteriology

1. Cutting of pig carcass - basic elements
2. preparing meat to smoking
3. meat classification
4. dry and wet curing
5. buckwheat goats production

SATURDAY

Beginning: 8 a.m.
1. Sausages with Juniperus
2. luncheon meat kind of sausages
3. production of daisy ham, Sopocka tenderloin, ham
4. production of "zylk" pork loin roll
5. Brunszwicki daisy ham

SUNDAY

Beginning: 8 a.m.
1. smoking - constructions of variety types of smoking machines, ways of smoking, mistakes during smoking
2. discussion
3. performance review and tasting.

If you are interested, we would like to prepare some integrating activities such as bone fire or barbecue.

best wishes
Wędzarniana Brać
Last edited by Maxell on Thu Oct 17, 2013 15:05, edited 1 time in total.
riya

Post by riya » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:23

I really like your way of expressing the opinion and sharing the information.
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 21:18

Maxell,
This really is a great opportunity to learn from the masters of European traditional Charcuterie.
The biggest trouble is that I can't read, write or speak Polish.
I am fluent in 4 other European languages.
If I can get Redzed and others to attend as well NEXT YEAR, I will enrol in this class.
My wife usually goes to England once a year and I could divert to Poland, back to the UK through Holland to see my relations as well. What a ripper holiday!!!!!!!!!! Hmmmmmm!!!
What about it Red, CW and other members?
Cheers,
JAN.
redzed

Post by redzed » Wed Jun 05, 2013 21:29

Jan,

Please note that Maxell's post is 4 years old.
ciechowy

Post by ciechowy » Thu Jun 06, 2013 09:27

It`s true, Maxell sent its post 4 years ago but such trainings are organized a few times each year in Poland. Look at that:
http://www.szkoladomowegomasarstwa.pl/
Maybe dedicated training with translation for English-spoken people is possible to organize. I propose to contact with Maxell in this matter.
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:10

Red,
That just goes to show you what an IT expert I am and on top of that I am always flat out.
Luckily, Ciechowy homed in on this, hopefully there might be something happening next year when I would have plenty of time for a long overdue holiday and some charcuterie tutoring by the masters.
Cheers,
Jan.
Maxell

Post by Maxell » Tue Jun 11, 2013 17:55

Crustyo44, fly to in August to Polish to take part in meeting WB.
Write to Seminole - He will arrives to us.
About school and courses will write to you soon in the mail.
Regards
Pod ten adres proszę przesyłać zdjęcia i teksty. Zdjęcia muszą posiadać szerokość co najmniej 800 pikseli - wysokość nie jest istotna - ważne by były dobrej jakości.
maxell11@wp.pl
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 19:57

Hi Maxell,
Thank you for your answer and awaiting the info on the school and courses available.
This August is impossible for me to come to Poland as I have booked already an extended fishing holiday in Tasmania this coming August.
Best Regards,
Jan.
Maxell

Post by Maxell » Tue Jun 11, 2013 21:01

Crustyo44 paste the forum nice pictures of caught fish.
Best regards.
Maxell
PS.
Maybe one day I'll go fishing together. :D
Pod ten adres proszę przesyłać zdjęcia i teksty. Zdjęcia muszą posiadać szerokość co najmniej 800 pikseli - wysokość nie jest istotna - ważne by były dobrej jakości.
maxell11@wp.pl
Edward Ronald

Post by Edward Ronald » Tue Jun 18, 2013 06:44

I like meat and this Home-made Meat production unit looks so attractive and convenient for me to easily access to this point to get fresh meat. Thanks for sharing useful link and a good Meat production spot.
king kabanos
Frequent User
Frequent User

school of meat production going next year and cant wait

Post by king kabanos » Mon Aug 11, 2014 17:52

i am going to definitely go to this school next year around this time because i am very interested and sounds awesome. my grandma on my dads side of the family lives in warshawa and my uncle on my mom side lives in Wrocław i think warsaw will be closer but don't know how long of a drive. me and my dad are going to Poland next year to visit my family out there and going to go to this school for sure. i speak good polish but my writing is on the weak side. me and my family only speak polish in our house and both my mom and dad were born in Poland. if anyone from the forum would like to join me and go to the school we can plan a date next year and go. and red zed you should go with me. also i want to see that video that your guys are talking about in English or polish. also i want to take a week class and not 3 days don't know if that if possible
Janlab
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Janlab » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:55

This sounds like a great adventure KK. Now get your writing skills up and start translating! Hehehe
Jan L
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Tue Aug 12, 2014 14:42

We were in Wrocław a few years back. ...delightful place, easily accessible by train from Leipzig, which is itself easily accessible by the DB (German train system) from Munich or Frankfurt (via Mannheim). I would think that the trip onward to Warsaw via train would be easy, too, and a whole lot cheaper than renting a car.

...looking forward to your translating efforts. Many of us in the English-speaking world are dying to get our hands on translated tapes of this conference. There is so much to learn!
:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
king kabanos
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by king kabanos » Tue Aug 12, 2014 15:29

is there any polish tapes of the conference ?
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Aug 12, 2014 15:57

King, in our Books And Videos forum, the second post was by Maxell. It contains incredible videos of the conventions. Here's a link: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=5250

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D