SAUSAGE PHOTO GALLERY (Without Original Recipes)

Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Jun 09, 2013 20:36

Great job, Oneills! That stuff looks terrific. I doubt even Stan could make his links THAT uniform. :wink: What the next project?

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
oneills
User
User

Post by oneills » Mon Jun 10, 2013 00:46

Will definately be making more. Next time might leave out emulsified beef and use all pork. Also would prefer a smaller casing such as a 30 - 32 mm one. These were a 36 mm that i intend to use for Polish smoked sausage and were all i had. Panfried them over a low to medium heat and served with fresh steamed vegies.

Next projects going to be an Irish pork recipe. My butcher makes a great one and want to make something similar. The only concern i have is that the 2 recipees i have both call for a lot of bread crumbs and i am worried that this will make the sausage dry. There are commercial premixes available but want to do it from scratch if possible. In Kutas book i think he uses one cup of breadcrumbs per pound of meat which seems excessive to me

Cheers
Misty Springs Free Range Pigs
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Jun 10, 2013 02:00

Buy stuffing mix bread crumbs and mill it in a food processor and add water to compensate for the dry bread.
Ross- tightwad home cook
redzed

Post by redzed » Mon Jul 15, 2013 00:57

Had a bit of my coppa today. This is the last of two I made way back in mid February. The flavour just keeps improving.

Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Jul 15, 2013 01:31

Beautiful color. Looks mighty tasty!
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
king kabanos
Frequent User
Frequent User

some kielbasa check it out

Post by king kabanos » Thu Aug 01, 2013 17:37

Here is some kielbasa that i made over the weekend using pork shoulder, beef brisket and some pork jowl

drying out before going into my smokehouse

a few pics of kielbasa blooming and finished

without flash pic

sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Thu Aug 01, 2013 17:47

Nice looking load of sausage King! Just think how happy you'd be to have those smoking sticks resting on a pair of sawhorses rather than your dining room chairs. I speak from experience, my wife let me know how much happier SHE would be if the sawhorses were incorporated for the sausage photo-ops. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
king kabanos
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by king kabanos » Thu Aug 01, 2013 17:50

thanks haha what are saw horses??? i need to buy something like a hanging rack for clothes or something
Gulyás
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Gulyás » Thu Aug 01, 2013 18:46

Very nice sausages. :mrgreen:
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Aug 01, 2013 18:57

Gorgeous sausage... bottom photo looks like they are ready for the smokehouse. Keep us posted.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Thu Aug 01, 2013 21:51

king kabanos wrote:thanks haha what are saw horses??? i need to buy something like a hanging rack for clothes or something
Sawhorses are great tools that come in handy for mobile hog processing

They're even useful should you decide to try your hand at taxidermy. Alas, I failed.

You can get a workable pair at Home Depot for a reasonable price. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Aug 03, 2013 07:03

Topic Split 080213 @23:58 See: "Sausage Chatter" at the following link:
http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.ph ... &start=225
oneills
User
User

Post by oneills » Wed Aug 28, 2013 02:53

Not much to do yesterday, so I thought I would try new mince out and make some kabana. Used a commercial premix from butcherquip. Minced meat and mixed with spices in morning. Stuffed into 23mm collagen casings then allowed to dry before smoking late yesterday afternoon. They were well liked by everyone.

Before Smoking
Image[/img]

All done
Image[/img]

Time to enjoy
Image[/img]
Misty Springs Free Range Pigs
Walleye1
User
User

Post by Walleye1 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 03:11

king kabanos wrote:thanks haha what are saw horses??? i need to buy something like a hanging rack for clothes or something
Hi King Kabanos

You can make a very simple sausage hanging rack from 1.5" ABS. I built mine the correct width to fit my smoke sticks from my smoker. The complete top ring is all glued together. The only parts that aren't are the legs. This is so I can remove them and hang it in the garage when not in use. It works very well. Mine will hold over 100 lbs at a time.

Mike

Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Aug 29, 2013 08:08

Mike, that is a beautiful set-up! Ingenious pal!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon