Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Mar 26, 2014 15:52

Well, it`s certainly nice to know you too Enrique! Sounds like you`ve made a bit of sausage eh? Have you got any special favorites? Goodness, where are my manners? I didn`t give you a proper "yee haw" welcome. Well, Yeee Hawww! Welcome to WD EnriqueB in Madrid, Spain. We`re happy to have you aboard. Make yourself right at home to our campfire and "sit a spell".

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
NorCal Kid
Passionate
Passionate

Post by NorCal Kid » Thu Mar 27, 2014 01:30

Hello again, from a not-so- new guy!

It's been far too many months since I've wandered into this forum, and I hope to ease my way back into making this wonderful forum a regular stop on my sausage-making journey!

I was diagnosed nearly a year ago with CPT (carpel tunnel syndrome) in my dominant left hand. When the discomfort (pain!) became to great I had to alter my lifestyle in order to allow the CPT to heal. This 'alteration' included stopping a number of activities which aggravated the condition. One of these was sausage-making. All that grinding, pushing, pulling, cranking handles, wrangling hog intestines, etc., really wreaked havoc with my CPT. I stopped 'cold-turkey'-no more. I even stopped frequenting my favorite site so as not to give into temptation. :cry: :oops:

The good news I'm on the mend. The doc says I can ease my way back into some of those activities I had forsaken, but to do so judiciously. So in the not-too-distant future I hope to become a more active member here, once again.

CW, I hope you and all the good folks here are doing well.

Be blessed, my friend!

Kevin
:wink:
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. — Hebrews 13:8
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Mar 27, 2014 02:03

Hello pal, we've missed ya! Good to have you back with those of the population who are addicted to smoke!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 05:25

Hi Kevin,
It's good to see you back on the forum. I didn't realise that CPT took that long to heal. My left ring finger will have to be done shortly as it is starting to give me heaps of trouble.
Luckily I am right handed.
Cheers,
Jan.
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Thu Mar 27, 2014 22:17

I was wondering where you'd been and have missed your posts, pics, and recipes. I know all about having to stop certain activities in order to avoid severe pain, I have to do a session in my massage chair just to help get over putting my darned socks on. It's great to hear you are one the mend and doing well Kevin, take it slow and easy. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
EnriqueB

Post by EnriqueB » Fri Mar 28, 2014 08:35

Thanks for the welcome words, chuckwagon!

Favorites? I'm Spanish, so of course chorizo, what else? :mrgreen: But what I like most is trying a new recipe on each batch (or every two or three batches, to nail down the recipe and tune it to our taste)
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Mar 28, 2014 09:34

Enrique, our pal El DuckO has written a book on chorizo. He's given his experience to the good folks on this site! There are three parts with several chapters and many recipes for chorizo. I hope you check them out. Here's a link to the first section: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=5873

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Mar 29, 2014 14:11

Say there wranglers! Isn`t it just about time for some, "Thrilling Tumbleweed Trivia" - particularly, peculiar, poppycock you probably just couldn`t live without! :roll:
Did you know a sneeze travels out your mouth at over 100 m.p.h.! Yes, it`s true. My goodness, that`s faster than El DuckO can back out of a Smith & Wesson shotgun seminar! :roll:
That cracked-up Duck told me, "Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm". Then that pestiferous plumage pile said, "Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy". His reasoning? He says, "Hard work pays off in the future; laziness pays off now". Can you believe that baloney-beaked, flying, menace? I tell you... the man should be in jail!
Okay, more trivia... Can you name the state in America that has the most lengths of rivers? Here`s a hint: It`s a "land-locked" state, but it is actually illegal to hunt whales there. :roll: Oh, and yes... it`s the state from which our latest member hails! Welcome to the WD brand "JoeNewbie" from a place he calls "Home" and "mmotacek" in the beautiful state of Nebraska - where whale hunting remains illegal!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Sun Mar 30, 2014 06:10

Hmmmph!
...and here I was, ready to reveal my recipe for ice cream sausage to the world.
...but Noooooo!
...not for all the whales in the South Platte River, Bub. This time, you've over...

Uh, what was that...? ...feeding call?

...be right back.
Hold the thought, now.
Don't move.
No peeking, okay?
(...tippy-tippy-toes...)
:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Mar 30, 2014 17:50

Duk!... you wrote...
This time, you've over...
This time, I`ve "over..." WHAT Duk? I've "Over..." What? You.... you... you... re-titled and overstuffed yardbird ! You... you... you... picked-over and plucked turkey buzzard! OOOOooooo! :shock:

P.S. Garsh! Are there really whales in the South Platte River? :shock:
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Sun Mar 30, 2014 21:54

Chuckwagon wrote: Garsh! Are there really whales in the South Platte River? :shock:
Whale.... uh...well... there was a time, way back in the cretaceous, or was it the precocious, or likely the salacious :wink: , or mebbe th... anyway, that was such a long time ago that not even YOU can remember it. (It was "over the line," which might explain why... Aw, fergit-a-bou-dit.)

Hmmm. Exactly what IS a bou-dit, anyway? This could result in a complete revision of our approach to the cosmological constant, which everyone knows is... uh... (be right back.)

(Moments (and a triple espresso :shock: ) later: )Uh... what exactly WERE we squawkin' about, huh? WooHoo! WooHoo!
:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
littleGasthaus

Hello to all

Post by littleGasthaus » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:21

Hi Guys!
I did not expect so many people from USA and Canada. I landed here by accident. The people of Poland build great smokehouses and I am very interested. My Polish is 0 but with a little help from Google I arrived here and think it's great. :grin:
Hello to all
Pete
A man with a new idea is a fool - until the idea has gained acceptance.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LittleGasthaus
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Mar 31, 2014 15:04

Hello Pete and welcome.
We are in regular contact with our Polish sponsors. On this page is a treasure of information for everyone.
http://www.meatsandsausages.com/
You may notice the tab on the top right is for smoke houses.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Mar 31, 2014 19:11

Howdy Pete! And welcome aboard. You're going to like this place. Anyone who wears a hat like you and I... uhhh... errr... should be on "wanted posters" somewhere!... but what the heck - a cowboy hat always squeezes the brain in just the right places... thus increasing intelligence day by day! :roll: Shucks pard, all the dudes out here know that! :shock: Stay with us pal and enjoy your membership in the greatest sausage organization in the universe!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Igor Duńczyk
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Igor Duńczyk » Mon Mar 31, 2014 22:39

Grüß dich Pete und herzlich willkommen zu dieser Versammlung von Wurst-Fanatiker!
Your informative videos look great! Feels tempted to visit you some time if I should happen to be in your neighborhood ....and it´s nearer to me than anywhere in the US :wink:
Wishing you a Good Day!
Igor The Dane