Curing Chamber

crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 05:56

Gentlemane,
Yes, I can give nothing but praise of what exits Steve's curing chamber. He sent me Lonzini, Coppa etc etc. Finally I had the time to test them all properly.
Whatever I tried, I seem to keep on going back to the fridge to slice some more and more and....
His curing chamber works well, I'll vouch for that.
Snagman's Stiffolder is a great addition to any platter of sliced, dried, cured and smoked charcuterie.
I am all geared up to make some shortly.
So much to make and not much time at all at the moment.
And I supposed to be retired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers to all of you.
Jan.
snagman
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by snagman » Fri Apr 18, 2014 00:36

Gulyás wrote:My curing chamber is in my basement, where the temperature now is around 17 C. depending where I measure it. It's 3 degrees colder on the floor, then at ceiling.
Today I installed a 25 Watt light bulb, so the freezer turns on more time from the heat, because I could not get the humidity lower than 99%, unless I kept the door swinging pretty often. But I did have lots of fun doing it...... :mrgreen:

Hey Gus, long time no see, how did your stifolder turn out, because just maybe that'll be my next project.
Hey Gulyás,
Thanks for you input too. Have hands full of other things, so smoking has been in the background, but now the stocks are getting low, must get to work on some good stuff.
I have also just seen your house kolbász post, very very nice work, meticulous, great attention to detail. Le a kalappal ! ( Hats off to you !)The original recipe I posted for the Stifolder was good, but not the traditional, and I have now modified it. The test patty was much more like it should be, even though not yet smoked or dried, so have great hopes for it. Also, this time stuffed into the right size casings, thanks to Jan who generously sent me some. Started smoking yesterday, first 9 hours of three more sessions to come. Here is a pic.
Regards, Gus

Gulyás
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Gulyás » Fri Apr 18, 2014 02:47

Thank You Gus, Your sausages look very nice. 5 stars.
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Apr 18, 2014 03:54

Snagster! They're gorgeous! :wink:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D