WD Daily Chat - Talk about anything You Like

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
grasshopper
Passionate
Passionate

Post by grasshopper » Tue Jul 15, 2014 02:17

MY MY! The trick is to eat one and see if it will work twice. That is a good day
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:03

My Csabai is better than Oysters ANY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
ursula
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ursula » Sat Jul 19, 2014 04:34

What to do when it's 11 degrees C and raining outside? (Well, it wouldn't be raining inside, I guess!)
I am making Hungarian, sopressata, Danish, Cacciatore,Genoa and Milano salami.
All minced and ready to stuff this afternoon. This time, all will be smoked during the fermentation, since we have a while to wait till the Bactoferm becomes available.
Meanwhile, my first three salamis are nearly ready to eat, and hanging in the bathroom, with about 40 % weight loss. The big taste test comes up this week. I am salivating with the smells in the room.
Ursula
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

He 'chutes, he Scores!!

Post by el Ducko » Mon Jul 21, 2014 21:21

He 'chutes, He Scores!
This bulletin just in- - I finally found that South American "aji" pepper that I've been trying to get for my chorizo studies. All you have to do is "drop in" to Cali, Colombia, ask about 20 people for help finding "aji molido," and tell 'em the Duck sent ya. Sooner or later, you'll get lucky.

I bought four packets, 20 grams each, enough to qualify as a research quantity when confronted by the Department of Agriculture. No wonder I couldn't find it before. It was in a separate containment area, over by the fresh fruits and other dangerous items. :roll: ...wait 'til the inspector doggie snorts THIS! WooHoo! WooHoo!
:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
ursula
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ursula » Tue Jul 22, 2014 01:27

In making my selection of salamis the other day I had a near miss disaster. My scales for measuring spices was set on carats by mistake (I didn't know that even existed on them) And I got to the salt measurement and mixing stage when things just didn't seem right. The amount of salt just looked too small.
Fortunately I had just started the mixing, so doing some quick calculations I was able to rectify it, and remeasure the spices and cures.
That's the sort of mistake you only make once!
Ursula
redzed

Post by redzed » Tue Jul 22, 2014 06:11

ursula wrote:In making my selection of salamis the other day I had a near miss disaster. My scales for measuring spices was set on carats by mistake (I didn't know that even existed on them) And I got to the salt measurement and mixing stage when things just didn't seem right. The amount of salt just looked too small.
Fortunately I had just started the mixing, so doing some quick calculations I was able to rectify it, and remeasure the spices and cures.
That's the sort of mistake you only make once!
Ursula
Sounds like you were were multi tasking Ursula. Were you peeling them carats for soup? I know they ain't no good for sausage.Image
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Tue Jul 22, 2014 07:00

"Sounds like you were were multi tasking Ursula. Were you peeling them carats for soup? I know they ain't no good for sausage."

If you are peeling "carats" the soup will become very expensive, and diamonds will be very difficult to digest anyway. I'm using carrots, green beans, and huge zucchini from the garden to enhance my dogs diet this year. She doesn't get much sausage due to the spices, causes her to fart. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
cogboy
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by cogboy » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:42

sawhorseray wrote:"Sounds like you were were multi tasking Ursula. Were you peeling them carats for soup? I know they ain't no good for sausage."

If you are peeling "carats" the soup will become very expensive, and diamonds will be very difficult to digest anyway. I'm using carrots, green beans, and huge zucchini from the garden to enhance my dogs diet this year. She doesn't get much sausage due to the spices, causes her to fart. RAY

Nothing worse than a dog passing gas ! :shock:
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Tue Jul 22, 2014 16:12

"Nothing worse than a dog passing gas ! :shock:

Ha, I couldn't agree more! I guess if you just feed them straight kibble there isn't much problem in that regard, but it must get boring for a dog. I toss leftover meat scraps, mashed taters and gravy, just about anything that might taste good to my Boo, in her dinner dish. She seems to love carrots, or anything else my wife might be snacking on. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
cogboy
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by cogboy » Tue Jul 22, 2014 23:17

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Wed Jul 23, 2014 02:42

sawhorseray wrote:Nothing worse than a dog...... .......She seems to love carrots, or anything else my wife might be snacking on. RAY
On the other hand, like Ursula, most women seem to prefer carats to carrots.
:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
redzed

Post by redzed » Wed Jul 23, 2014 04:42

From salami to carats, on to dog farts and then to women's preferences. What a digressive motley crew!
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Jul 24, 2014 08:47

Hey Sawhorse!... Your dog is a fine looking animal. If I remember correctly, his name is "Boo"... right? Just one question... he has his own bed next to yours? Cool! After all, dogs are just "furry kids" eh? Hello Boo Boo! :wink:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
cogboy
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by cogboy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:45

That looks like one spoiled choco lab ! :grin:
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Thu Jul 24, 2014 21:02

The Boo is a "her", not a "him", and she's extremely spoiled. The fact that she fetched ducks without ever letting one get away led to her not really having to do anything else. She always sleeps on her chaise lounge right next to my side of the bed, has excellent hearing, she growls at night, I open the drawer to the nightstand. We'll have a party next week to celebrate her eighth birthday, maybe I'll have a porterhouse that night. She knows how to behave in a boat, so when my new boat arrives next week the three of us will be doing a lot more fishing. RAY