This and That

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Shuswap
Passionate
Passionate

This and That

Post by Shuswap » Sun Nov 23, 2014 20:41

I`m always impressed when folks like Red, Crusty and Ross talk about having made multi items. This morning I looked in the fridge and thought "Hey, not too shabby, eh!"

Phil
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 21:31

Hi Phil,
What you have in your fridge is not to be sneezed at, there is enough to sliced for when the beer comes out.
I am going to make their UMAi salami shortly and also their "cold"smoked salmon in various
cure variations. Look at their website, I am intrigued.
I have a lot to catch up with and the grandkids are looking forward to what old Pop has got for them. Luckily they are not coming for Christmas but will arrive in the beginning of February.
Cheers mate,
Jan.
Shuswap
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Shuswap » Mon Nov 24, 2014 02:05

Hi Jan
We're heading across the country for Xmas in Ontario by train (3 days) and I'm struggling with what I can safely take without refrigeration. So far its just the pepperoni. I have my own method of doing salmon but the pepperoni was dry cured according to the Umai pepperoni method. You may have seen my issues on their forum. I only got 25% weight loss but it is tasty but the texture is a little soft.
Looking forward to the grandchildren - I made the 10 yr old an electric cigar box ukulele so I'm pretty pumped for the trip :mrgreen:
Phil
redzed

Post by redzed » Mon Nov 24, 2014 04:56

Hey Phil, glad that you are finally taking this hobby seriously! :grin: Maybe one of these days you will give up playing with those sticks and devote all your time to charcuterie. :wink:

I'm shutting down operations for two months and heading into the desert at the end of the week.

Enjoy the train ride!

Chris