WD Daily Chat - Talk about anything You Like

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
uwanna61
Passionate
Passionate

Post by uwanna61 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 00:43

Holy hickory smoke, just yesterday he was a newbie with one wiener lite up :mrgreen: Good job buddy :!:
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Thu Jun 23, 2011 01:14

Where is the stainless steel chef? not been as much about lately.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Jun 23, 2011 02:47

Hi Spud,
You wrote:
Need to start with some really easy stuff, any suggestion appreciated.
Have to ease back into what was once a familiar everyday thing.
If you like garlic in your sausage, here`s one that you`re sure to remember.
The Slovenians call it Krainerwurst. It`s not a typical "wurst" spreadable sausage like most people believe. It is simply a good ol` cured and cooked-smoked "brat" type sausage. This stuff is so danged good that it has often caused cowpokes to engage in strange behavior such as suddenly jumping onto the dining table, yelling "yeeee haaaaw", shooting 6 holes into the ceiling, then runnin` outside to jump into the well. :roll: Yup pard, it`s "perty dang yum", so wrangle your re-loadin` outfit and click on this link:
http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=4891

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
uwanna61
Passionate
Passionate

Post by uwanna61 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 15:35

Where is the stainless steel chef? not been as much about lately.
ssorllih

You think he might be still stewing over the Canucks losing to the Bruins :wink:
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Fri Jul 01, 2011 22:27

Probably got mugged in the riots. :shock:
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Jul 18, 2011 20:44

New Member? Start Here. Note: You are on the THIRD page of this particular topic. To locate the first page, find the "Go To Page" (with the arrow) just outside this box at the the lower right side.

Are you just browsing? Why not join our membership and have all the benefits of navigating the complete site. It's free and fun. Lots of friendly, helpful, people here! Our "chat" room is called "Hyde Park" and it's near the bottom of the index page in "Other Topics".

New to the forum is an index of all the recipes posted by members. Find it in the "Hyde Park" forum also. Ingredients, instructions, and techniques are all included.

Be sure to check out Stan Marianski's Sausage Making And Recipes page. The author has listed a vast resource of information - all free of charge. Here's a link: http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/sausage-recipes

Come on in an join us.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
jamesjesica

Post by jamesjesica » Fri Jul 22, 2011 08:19

I have party in my house and I want to invite my friends .There will be 10-15 people so make sure the recipes for bbq is good option to prepare for them..

recipes for bbq
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Jul 22, 2011 21:25

James, click on this link:
http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewforum.php?f=22
Cranky Buzzard has all kinds of BBQ stuff here.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sat Jul 23, 2011 02:30

jamesjesica wrote:I have party in my house and I want to invite my friends .There will be 10-15 people so make sure the recipes for bbq is good option to prepare for them..

recipes for bbq
Many years ago I bbq'd a beef brisket for my grand daughter's christening party. It was good. About four months later some friends wanting to do the same thing but trying to be heart healthy used a beef round because it was so nice and lean. It was a big mistake. and we just couldn't fix it. Wrong cut, wrong cooking method, and wrong seasonings. Choose your meat carefully.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Jul 23, 2011 08:27

Oh, how right you are Ross!
When I was only a youngster of about 6, I jerked some of my Aunt's best prime rib! :roll: Now I'm over 150 years of age, and I still haven't heard the end of it. :shock:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:01

Hi folks. Chuckwagon here. In "Hyde Park" we talk about anything... yup, from Big Guy`s lacy pink underwear to my suave, babe-catchin` moustache! The administrators in Poland have asked me if we`d like to have some real cool names in place of our present "ranks". I told Siara that I would give it some l-o-n-g thought. I need your help folks. Can you possibly think of any other names for ranks that follow a specific theme? The list in blue is the way it is now. Yikes! I believe we can be more creative than that. This is YOUR forum... all you sausagemakin` dudes! I`m just a moderator who gets paid the "big bucks" to put ideas together. I need your input. Have you got any ideas?
PS... Since our "theme" is sausagemaking, I came up with the idea of sausage names for ranks. My ideas are in the 2nd row in the color dark red. (Just a crazy suggestion). There`s brainpower amongst sausage makers - I know there is! How about some other ideas?

Newbie.................. 0-10
Beginner................ 11-50
User..................... 51-200
Frequent User.......... 201-400
Passionate...............401-700
Forum Enthusiast......701-1000
Veteran............
......Over 1001

Newbie.................. Weenie
Beginner................ Hot Dog
User..................... Brat
Frequent User.......... (suggestion)
Passionate...............Pepperoni ... ?
Forum Enthusiast......Salami....?
Veteran..................(suggestion)

Hep me! .... Hep me!... all you hickory smokin` sausage smoke addicts! Put your brains to work and come up with some kind of "ranks" that we can live with. This is YOUR forum. Let us improve it together! I don`t say this very often, but I believe the members on this WD board are the greatest folks in the world, capable of making yesteryears sausages to perfection, and tomorrow`s sausage products - today! We`ve come "quite a way" in just a year and a half! Do you realize that our WD site is now on Google`s "Top Ten"? Yep, it`s true. I`m proud to be associated with all of you.

P.S. Any other suggestions concerning our site are always appreciated. Simply mail them to me via PM or email. I`d like to hear your suggestions.

My Best Wishes To All WD Members,
Chuckwagon
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sat Jul 23, 2011 15:02

Frequent user = snack stick? Increasingly complex susage reflexs more experience.

On another note I gave Nancy a slice of almost ready salami last night and the verdit was that it had the right taste and still was a bit soft in the middle. I have made a believer of her.
Ross- tightwad home cook
partycook
User
User

Post by partycook » Mon Jul 25, 2011 16:09

Ross
sometimes my hands don't type as fast as I would like (guess I getting old) so I have my wife help with the typing. Last night she typed a post for me and when she tried to submit it the post was deleted. Seems the log in somehow was gone.Out of frustration she typed the letters fg and instead of pressing pressing the preview button she pressed the submit button.I thought that she had deleted it.

Sorry John
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Jul 25, 2011 19:34

Ok .I have typing problems too and get the letters all mixed up in the words.
Ross- tightwad home cook
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Thu Jul 28, 2011 00:57

For the rest of the gang with smaller appetites. I bought a couple of turkeys that had the misfortune of runnin into their sell-by dates, Incidently that is the worst kind of date you can have. You have a date with someone with a use by---------and you don't do it you will never be the same again.
Anyway I got these two turkeys and one is still in my cold fridge but the other has been used by. I brined a portion of breast and both thighs by the Chuckwagon method of flooding for about six hours(small pieces) drying over night in the fridge and smoking this afternoon over mulberry wood. It will make good sandwiches for the next couple of days at work.
Ross- tightwad home cook