kielbasa and some wendzonki

king kabanos
Frequent User
Frequent User

kielbasa and some wendzonki

Post by king kabanos » Sat Jun 27, 2015 16:49

I made some kielbasa swojska, boneless ham, st louis ribs, smoked pork loin, rolled bacon, baleron. everything turned out really great check out the pictures. just click on the picture

Swojska kielbasa finished in the smoker

some ribs and wendzonki

rolled bacon

And my boneless ham which turned out so juicy

everything sliced thin on my cabelas deli slicer

redzed

Post by redzed » Sat Jun 27, 2015 21:06

Dan, you're the man, you're the King! The kiełbasa and wędzonki look fabulous! Sure would like to taste that rolled bacon. :wink: You've come a long long way since you started to visit us here.

BTW, what brine formula did you end up using and how is the taste as far as the salt is concerned?
unclejhim

rolled bacon

Post by unclejhim » Sun Jun 28, 2015 17:26

That rolled bacon looks great! Please gives us some instructions on how you made it.
GEAUX TIGERS
redzed

Post by redzed » Mon Jun 29, 2015 16:05

Hey unclejhim! Nice to hear from you and welcome to the best meathead club on earth!

That rolled bacon that the King made sure does look fantastic and hopefully he will post the recipe. Rolled bacon is a popular Polish dish prepared in many different ways. I have not made it for a while since pork belly is now more expensive than ham or loins. But I do have some notes on the process and when I find them on my old computer will post them. :grin:

Best wishes,
redzed
StefanS
Passionate
Passionate

Post by StefanS » Wed Jul 01, 2015 15:56

They are looks perfect. For sure taste is perfect too, so what to say : applause, bravo King.
king kabanos
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by king kabanos » Sun Jul 05, 2015 17:29

sorry guys i have been busy but for the rolled bacon its very easy. choose any wet brine you like and cure the bacon and roll it like you would panchetta then smoke it until your desired color around 4 hours. then poach to 156 deg internally thats it