Disappearing photos

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Butterbean

Disappearing photos

Post by Butterbean » Fri Apr 07, 2017 16:41

This is far above my understanding of how the Net works but I learned this week that if you post photos to the board via Facebook the link will expire in time and the picture will be lost on the board. Posting and uploading pics through facebook is so easy I've just about stopped using Photobucket however I noticed some of my old Photobucket photos are gone as well. I had noticed this some time back but just wrote it off as I had moved the photo or re-arranged photobucket but I think these photos may expire too.

Does anyone understand how this works and what the best way to post pictures or is this just the way of the Net? Its a shame to have a good thread with lots of pictures only to have them disappear with time.

Just wondering.
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Fri Apr 07, 2017 16:54

I don't know about facebook but Photobucket does not expire. If you move or delete them the link will no longer work. So no picture.
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Fri Apr 07, 2017 22:18

Thanks Bob. Good to know about photobucket not expiring. I'll go back to that. I stopped using it a while back when there were some problems with it. I hate for pictures to disappear.