Post Your Photo Here-Let's Become Acquainted

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Sep 18, 2011 09:05

OK pards,
I'm getting flooded with letters and phone calls asking for Ross Hill's and Unclebuck's photos! How about some of you other kind folks? Don't be shy! How about a photo of you making your favorite sausage.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
toolhawk1
User
User

me and my future sausage

Post by toolhawk1 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 01:12

Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Sep 19, 2011 02:57

Yikes! Now that's what I call a sausage! Ursus americanus vancouveri or ursus americanus americanus! It 'tis one or t`other eh? :wink: Nice shootin' Ray! Does Michigan put all kinds of restrictions on blackies? If we shoot one these days, we have to fill out triplicate forms for a month, swear allegiance to the Wildlife Dept with a check, and wait in a long line for a platinum permit.
Hey, Toolhawk, as you know, I`m sure, most bear meat has trichinella spiralis in it - no problem if you follow the safety rules. Yell if you need any info. Beautiful photos - nice lookin sausage!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
toolhawk1
User
User

Canada !!

Post by toolhawk1 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 16:34

this was up in Canada, Michigan has a great hunt ,it is a point system , get a permit every4-5 years , I just go to Canada every year , will make some GREAT STUFF !!
JerBear
Passionate
Passionate

Post by JerBear » Mon Sep 19, 2011 17:46

These are from this past weekend. We made up about 30ish pounds of brats and 20ish pounts of sweet italian. I'm the guy in the green shirt and Larry, my sous-chef for the day, wearing the apron of one of our friend's daughter.

Here's us prepping the first batch:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And then grinding:

Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Sep 19, 2011 23:46

Hey Jer,
You forgot to tell us how the brats turned out. I see you have several bars of white gold laying on the cutting board in front of you. What does it say on the front of your shirt? Judging by the grins, you guys look like you were enjoyin' every minute. Good on ya mate!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon

P.S. Oh, did you realize you're cowboy hat lost its brim?
JerBear
Passionate
Passionate

Post by JerBear » Tue Sep 20, 2011 00:00

The taster patties of the brats tasted...um...tasty. We'll be poaching the batch tomorrow night in a turkey roaster a la NorCal Kid. Then they'll be grilled on Saturday, more pics to come in your bratwurst thread.

The shirt is for Krav Maga which is Israeli martial arts. Haven't taken any classes, just a distant interest.

I found when I wear my hat bill forward I have a tendency to want to adjust using the bill which doesn't play well with raw meat so backwards it goes.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Sep 20, 2011 00:15

JerBear wrote:
I found when I wear my hat bill forward I have a tendency to want to adjust using the bill which doesn't play well with raw meat so backwards it goes.
Now that's what I call, uh... "usin' your head" :lol:
Sounds great Jer. What recipe are you using for your Italian sweet? Good luck. Be sure and post those pics. Lookin' forward to it.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
JerBear
Passionate
Passionate

Post by JerBear » Tue Sep 20, 2011 00:33

The sweet Italian is based off of the Italian recipes in Ruhlman's charcuterie cookbook. Avoiding duplicates we used all the ingredients from both the sweet and spicy recipes, i.e. herbs, spices, salt, pepper, sugar, etc but because kids will also be eating them we skipped the cayenne and pepper flakes on this run. We mixed that with a 10:1 ratio of shoulder to fatback and substituted my buddy's homebrewed Irish Red for the water/red wine vinegar.

They're also likely to be cooked off tomorrow night with the brats. Here's a look at the final results (the bottom crisper drawers are also filled:

tacklebox
Beginner
Beginner

Post by tacklebox » Wed Sep 21, 2011 08:30

I know I haven't been 'round in awhile...been occupied with life and such. If y'all really want to see a picture, here is the best I've got.

Me and my portable tacklebox

I've toned down a bit, as this is what I used to look like :shock:

Don't let the shirt and tie fool you-there is a lot of ink under there :cool:
~Joe~

I haven't a clue what I'm doing, but I love playing with my sausage!
Nie mam pojęcia co robię, ale uwielbiam bawić się z moimi kiełbasy!
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:32

Grrrreat photos! Hey tacklebox, how old is your portable tacklebox? He's gorgeous! Yup, so is Mrs. Tacklebox! You folks sure made a good lookin' kid!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
tacklebox
Beginner
Beginner

Post by tacklebox » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:06

Thanks CW :grin: My little guy just turned 18 months the other day. He shows alot of interest when I am cooking, so there is hope for him. :grin: Of course, being that age, he shows alot of interest in a dust bunny also :mrgreen:
~Joe~

I haven't a clue what I'm doing, but I love playing with my sausage!
Nie mam pojęcia co robię, ale uwielbiam bawić się z moimi kiełbasy!
NorCal Kid
Passionate
Passionate

Post by NorCal Kid » Thu Sep 22, 2011 17:44

Here's a blast from the past- my lovely bride & me on our honeymoon cruise a scant 27 years ago. Still the love-of-my-life...

More recent: The 80's style 'stash has migrated south & turned grey.... :mrgreen:

In the kitchen-a place where both my wife & i spend a lot of time feeding our three sons...
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. — Hebrews 13:8
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Sep 22, 2011 23:51

Ahhh... quit worryin' Kevin, You're still a fine figure of a man even without your moustache. Shucks, all of us can't resemble George Clooney like I do! (ahem... choke... gasp!). :lol:
And your wife... she is beautiful. Are your three sons "linebackers" with "pop" being such a fine cook?

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon

PS. Did you know that the growth of hair on yer' ol' upper lip can be spelled in either of two ways? Yep! Moustache or Mustache. It's a French word from the Italian "Mostaccio".
Hey, great photos pard!
NorCal Kid
Passionate
Passionate

Post by NorCal Kid » Fri Sep 23, 2011 00:41

Chuckwagon wrote:Did you know that the growth of hair on yer' ol' upper lip can be spelled in either of two ways? Yep! Moustache or Mustache. It's a French word from the Italian "Mostaccio".
Thanks, CW.
No, I did not know about the alternate spellings for the 'lip caterpillar.' Makes sense, I guess, if one is translating to English from French from Italian (!)....

AND did you know the patch of growth below my lower lip-often called a 'soul patch' by the younger gens, is also called a "Mouche," which, rather unfortunately, is French for "fly"?

- Kevin
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. — Hebrews 13:8