I don't fit in !

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

I don't fit in !

Post by Kijek » Thu Mar 01, 2018 00:09

You guys are going to say, (what's is this guys major malfunction) throw me out and band me from this site for sure.

Ok first let me say that my last batch of fermented products was very good, the taste that I was going for was there, (mild, no tang). My only issues I needed to work on was shrinkage and case hardening.
So I'm studying my book on fermentation, reading about aw, low ph/ hi acidity etc.

Then I start reading about the cultures and things really started to stick and I was understanding things, almost as if I read some of it before.
So, I'm reading on about the different culture and molds and bactoferm T-SPX pops up.
So I say to myself (SELF!) go look in the freezer, and sure enough, there it was T-SPX, and the package was opened, and remembered using it.
Then it dawned on me, oh yeah, now I remember reading up on this stuff and thought I'd give it a try, well it worked and gave me great results.

So the thing here is, yes I asked a ton of questions about this area of fermentation almost to the point were I think you were getting ticked off and told me to buy the book.

Good thing I did, because I would never have remembered that I read and studied this stuff before. :oops: :roll:

I'm still far from your caliber, but I was on the right track, and sorry for my ignorance, I guess maybe with heart problems not enough blood was getting to my brain, I don't know???

You just can't make this stuff up for sure #$%^&*($%!
DanMcG
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by DanMcG » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:45

It sucks getting old......
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:56

Yah but I'm only 58 :mrgreen:
airbrush
User
User

Post by airbrush » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:51

Kijek wrote:Yah but I'm only 58 :mrgreen:
58 was when they split open my chest and installed a new aortic valve; bovine. Now when I pass a green patch of grass, I have to stop for a chew. That was 11 years ago.
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:56

Your killing me
Well I hope you don't drive by my house, my beautiful green grass would be a buffet.