Can't Locate Mapeline

revid
User
User

Can't Locate Mapeline

Post by revid » Sun Jan 29, 2012 02:05

This is a split topic from: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=5544 Topic Split 2.23.12 by CW @ 21:09

Mapeline (artificial flavoring)

Can't buy this in Canada,not even wally world.If someone can but it near them I would send money down to them to buy and ship to me.I know I maybe sticky my neck out here but hoping for some trust from one stuffer to another.No disrespect intended guys.
Last edited by revid on Fri Feb 24, 2012 05:12, edited 1 time in total.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Jan 29, 2012 02:23

Revid, ol' pal,
Please know that we are behind you. Where in the heck is N:L? The Sausagemaker ships to Canada and you can make your own sausage for much, much, cheaper than the supermarket charges you. Some folks can't even find a good sausage. The solution is to make your own. Just invest in a few basic tools, find a supply outfit, and go from there. We are always here with recipes and help. Our members have years and years of experience and suggestions. There's no need to go without good sausage. Just make your own. If you need further help, send me a PM or email. Always glad to help if I can.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sun Jan 29, 2012 03:29

We seem to have two subjects going here. Imatation maple flavor is universally available.
We have a very good sausage maker in Baltimore, just meat and seasoning but they retail for close to 4 dollars a pound . i buy pork butts for 1.29 per pound. So I make my own. Besides they(Roma) only make four kinds.
Sausagte patties are almost as good as links.
Ross- tightwad home cook
revid
User
User

Post by revid » Sun Jan 29, 2012 03:43

hey ssorllih,I don't need to buy sausages,I want to make my own.I bought a grinder and now am looking for a vertical 5lb stuffer.Thanks chuckwagon,I know Sausagemaker ships here but I have most of everything I need except for mapleine.The wallymart up here or even anywhere in canada doesn't carry it.Lots of maple syrup but I want powder to make some maple sausages if and when I can get my stuffer.And chuckwagon ,yes this is a great site for info and the guys here are very helpful.I just figured I hunt for this mapleine ahead of time so I'll have it when Iam ready to go.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sun Jan 29, 2012 04:30

Rivid, Just look for imitation maple flavoring. Mapleine is just a brand name. Of course you want to make your own sausage I make mine even though I can buy some kinks that are very good and I did buy them for many years.
Ross- tightwad home cook
revid
User
User

Post by revid » Sun Jan 29, 2012 04:41

most of the imitation maple flavoring is liquid,I'd go with real if that was the case.thanks anyway bud.As for buying sausages I been sending my moose to the local butcher for yrs and been charge an arm and a leg to get sausages made.Enough of that so I decided to make my own.he has a real good oktoberfest sausage but wont reveal his recipe.can't blame him either I guess.I've just started and been sizing down a few recipes to fit a lb or two of meat(60%moose40%pork and mix in 25% total weight fatback).Theres not alot out there for fresh moose sausage and the boys here have given me alot of ideas.If I don't like it Iam going to make my dog really happy and fat.Gets to be expensive for the pork though.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sun Jan 29, 2012 04:57

Rivid , You really most use the internet to help you in your search for products. In about fifteen minutes I found that the McCormack company produces The mapleine that you seek. http://www.mccormick.com/Products/Extra ... lavor.aspx
Most grocery stores and supermarkets will probably be ablre to supply it to you.
Ross- tightwad home cook
revid
User
User

Post by revid » Sun Jan 29, 2012 05:49

yes been there but dont ship to canada.pm them to ask
Keymaster
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Keymaster » Sun Jan 29, 2012 16:17

Chuckwagon wrote:Where in the heck is N:L?
I think its "Newfoundland and Labrador" Canada
revid
User
User

Post by revid » Sun Jan 29, 2012 16:35

lol.I didn't think he actually meant to ask.my mistake
Keymaster
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Keymaster » Sun Jan 29, 2012 16:44

Revid,
You might give these folks a call for your stuffer and maple flavorings. They are located in Ontario.

http://www.malabarsuperspice.com/i_mflavours.htm

There is also this place in B.C.

http://www.stuffers.com/
revid
User
User

Post by revid » Sun Jan 29, 2012 18:08

Thanks Keymaster,excellent source,just sent of an email on a few things.Don't think they stock home size stuffers though but great share none the least.
nuynai
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nuynai » Sun Jan 29, 2012 18:21

Did you ever check with shops that sell sausages in your area, where they get their seasonings. Here's a place I found in Canada. JBsausagesupplies.com. They have several Maple Flavor product.
Good luck.
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Sun Jan 29, 2012 23:21

N:L es la abreviatura de Nuevo Leon.
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Dutch
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Dutch » Thu Feb 23, 2012 23:22

All the imitation maple flavoring I have come accross has been in liquid form. I remember my dad using this stuff to make "Maple" syrup when I was tad high to a kneepole. . .er, um I mean knee high to a tadpole. . .! Anyhoo, that was a loooong time ago.
I thought I had a handle on life until one day the handle fell off.
†