pressed meat

northener
User
User

pressed meat

Post by northener » Tue Jul 04, 2017 08:17

hi everyone i have a ham press but want to make a pressed chicken luncheon loaf have made pressed ham using the recipe on the home page do i use the same recipe but add chopped chicken breast or do i make it without the cure can some body help a recipe would be good thks northener
StefanS
Passionate
Passionate

Re: pressed meat

Post by StefanS » Tue Jul 04, 2017 20:28

northener wrote:hi everyone i have a ham press but want to make a pressed chicken luncheon loaf have made pressed ham using the recipe on the home page do i use the same recipe but add chopped chicken breast or do i make it without the cure can some body help a recipe would be good thks northener
There is not many recipes to make pressed chicken meatloaf, but you have got my attention with your ham press - on polish WD are many different recipes for that press - you can make a many very interesting and tasty products. Can you provide us with picture of your ham press.. pls.
northener
User
User

Post by northener » Wed Jul 05, 2017 08:47

hi again have tried to put pic on before but not real tec savy it is like a sausepan with a brace and a screw down handle that u then put in a large pot took me a long time to find one here works good what i want to know is do i cut the chickhen in to pieces or mince it do i cure it and what spices i want to eat it cold on sangers thks
StefanS
Passionate
Passionate

Post by StefanS » Thu Jul 06, 2017 01:44

There are one of basic recipes for chicken meat in ham press -
1 kg of chicken breast
15 g salt
1 g cure #1
1 g black pepper
1 g white pepper
1 g nutmeg
100 ml water
15 g gelatin if you want jelly or 30 g potato starch if you want without jelly
If you want use only white breast meat -
cut meat in 1" cubes (2 cm x 2 cm), using meat tenderizer smash cubes a little. Then mix salt, cure, spices and water. Mix it by hand or food processor until is very sticky. Cover and keep 24 h in refrigerator. After that add and mix gelatin or potato starch. Good mixing required - better gluing pieces together.
Next step is to pack mixture in baking bag then in press ham (easier removing meat after process)
Press ham with meat put in hot water - 78-80*C (172-174 F) until internal temp reaches 70*C

If you want use breast(50%) and other chicken meat (50%)-
Cut breast in pieces as described above, boneless things, drumstick, skin - grind thru plate 3 mm( ground meat is bonding agent in that case). Then follow instructions.
More on using press ham and process here http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=4813
northener
User
User

Post by northener » Thu Jul 06, 2017 09:34

thank you very much will give it a go and let u know :mrgreen: