Seasoned canned chicken

ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Seasoned canned chicken

Post by ssorllih » Tue Sep 11, 2012 15:18

Last week I boned and cut into fist size pieces a couple of chickens. I weighed out 2.25 pounds each in three portions and seasoned them as I would for fresh sausage. Medium hot Italian, Breakfast, and Polish. I packed them into zipper bags and refrigerated them for a several days. Yesterday I roasted them at 350°F for one hour and let them cool. Tasting straight from the pan they were close to seeming over spiced. I packed them into canning jars and added stock and processed them in a pressure canner. Of the twelve half pints three didn't seal. This was at first disappointing and then turned into good news because it permitted another tasting. The taste sample was the medium hot Italian and Nancy had pronounced it as TOO spicy from the pan but from the jar she called it delicious.
We like canned chicken for use at home and on the boat because it is versatile and is good hot or cold.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Marlon5

Seasoned canned chicken

Post by Marlon5 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 15:49

I have seasoned chicken and want to create a Healthier recipe and also i cant bake the chicken.Because my oven Doesn't Work.i would like to create it for evening meal.If you have know any best recipe of this then please reply against my post.Thanks!
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sat Oct 20, 2012 17:06

You can cook this as a stew on top of the stove. Just add cut up vegatables and seasonings and a half litre of chicken stock.
Ross- tightwad home cook