Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
milehigh

Hello from Colorado

Post by milehigh » Tue Jan 22, 2013 02:45

Didn't see a new member "welcome" category, so........

I am a sausage maker and BBQer. Found this site and am looking forward to learning and sharing. I recognize a few from other sites and I am a member of some as well. Hello All.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Jan 22, 2013 03:24

Hello 'Milehigh' and Welcome to WD. It's nice to have you with us Denver! I moved your post to Hyde Park because that's where we carry on with all the monkey-business and welcomes etc. We can talk about anything in Hyde Park and the chat is always interesting. I'm PM'ing you the standard "how to get around WD" kit tonight, so watch your toolbar at the top of the index page.

Milehigh ol' pard, I got "ta thinkin" the other day... half the folks I know are above average intelligence. But ALL the folks on Wedliny Domowe are just short of genius! How do I know that? Well, they all registered on the world's greatest forum didn't they? :wink:

Pull up some campfire and make yourself comfortable Milehigh. You're welcome as home-made bread right out of the oven!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Last edited by Chuckwagon on Thu Jan 24, 2013 07:31, edited 1 time in total.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 06:41

As I was lying in bed pondering the problems of the world, I realized that I just don't really care much anymore. I`m going to slow down. Yup! It's the tortoise life for me! After all, if walking is good for your health, the postman would be immortal. Gee, a whale swims all day, only eats fish, drinks water, and is fat. Yeah, and a rabbit? A rabbit runs and hops and still only lives 15 years. A tortoise doesn't run and does nothing, yet it lives for 450 years. And the doctor tells me to exercise? Duh, I don't think so. :roll: I'm retired. If you`re in a hurry, go around me!

Folks, we've got two new wranglers ridin' fer' the WD brand! The tough-lookin' cowboy forked on that strawberry roan is handled "FCI" and he's ridin' in all the way from Lincoln, California. His side kick with the hard-lookin' lines and Montana crease in his hat is "Piker" from Barnwell, Alberta. Welcome aboard boys! Stow yer' rigs and pull up some campfire. Grab some Arbuckles and join us for some "corral dust" by that crafty cowboy called El Duck. Later on, SausageJohn is going to serve us up some Charlottetown beans while ol' Crusty plays the banjo and sings Aussie ballads! Now that's an exciting evening eh? Yeee Hawww. Nice to have you with us fellas. Make yourself right at home.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Last edited by Chuckwagon on Thu Jan 24, 2013 07:32, edited 1 time in total.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Jan 24, 2013 07:29

Welcome to Wedliny Domowe "fagesbp" in Louisiana! Hmmm.... How in the world do you pronounce that handle? We might have to call you "eye chart"! Hey fagesbp, are you advancing in years like some of us geezers on this forum? Now that I'm older here's what I've discovered: I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it, and my wild oats have turned into prunes and all-bran. I finally got my head together, and now my whole body is falling apart. Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded. Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded. And shucks, if all is not lost, where is it?
Nice to have you with us "fagesbp"!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
fagesbp
Beginner
Beginner

Post by fagesbp » Thu Jan 24, 2013 15:08

Hey yall. Nope I'm not advancing by any standards except my kids and my grey hair lol. I'm probably a young-un by most at 33. My name is pronounced like the age in massage. It's fages bp. I started making sausage a couple years ago, all smoked and fresh. Andouille for the most part although I did make a nice tomato parm basil chicken sausage last night ( and I have made Italian, chorizo, brats, summer sausage, beef sticks, and breakfast). I'll post up some here shortly in the sausage forum.
I have cured a couple butts for ham, and tried my hand at belly and canadian bacon.
Andouille sample
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Jan 26, 2013 09:16

I`ve made some subtle discoveries in my old age. For instance, I`ve found that the only time the world beats a path to my door is when I`m in the bathroom! And you know, it's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere. Yes, some days, you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant. That`s just the way it is. :mrgreen: I wish the buck stopped here; I could use a few. Yes, it is definitely easier to get older than it is to get wiser.

Two new members today at WD! Welcome aboard Pignout in Olympia, Washington, and Jamieinaus in Brisbane, Australia. It`s nice to have you boys with us. Pull up some campfire and sit a spell. There`s beer-can chicken on the grill and ranch-style grilled spuds with a great red-leaf lettuce salad and Dutch oven sourdough rolls. You`re going to like this place.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Jan 30, 2013 09:14

Yup, gettin` old is not easy. I figure if the Good Lord wanted me to touch my toes, he'd have put them on my knees. And why is it that when I'm finally holding all the cards, everyone all of a sudden, wants to play chess? Yup, gettin` old is not easy. Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded. Heck, it`s not hard to meet expenses . . . they're everywhere. I`ve found that the only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth! These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the hereafter . . . I go somewhere to get something, and then wonder what I'm hereafter! Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.

YeeeHawww! We`ve got four great-lookin` and intelligent new members with us. Welcome to Wedliny Domowe SASteak in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada and canadianstuffer in Ontario, Canada. Next, there`s allen05 in Belize and Voskuil in Petaling Jaya, Malasia. Pour yourselves some brown gargle from that ol` beat-up, chipped, blue-enameled pot on the campfire. We`ll grab some grub later on... right now let`s "stir up some corral dust" (tell tall tales). Nice to have you with us folks!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Feb 01, 2013 02:52

Gabagoo! ...Welcome to Wedliny Domowe all the way from Montreal. Gabagoo, gabagoo... don`t cha just love the sound of that handle?
Hey Gabagoo, I`ve got some "Saddlebum`s Western Wisdom" for you. "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - and cheat like hell if necessary."
Nice to have you with us Gab! Make yourself at home and grab a cup of mud from the pot on the campfire.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:19

Yippieee Yi Yo Ki Yay! Two new members here. Welcome to Wedliny Domowe PAHunter in Pennsylvania and RandJ in Santa Rosa, California. You boys are as welcome as the aroma of Granny`s fresh, hot, sourdough biscuits, right out of the ol` Dutch oven when the lid comes off! Pull up some campfire fellas, and make yourselves at home. I`ve got some "Saddlebum`s Western Wisdom" for you. "Don't Drink and Drive! You might hit a bump and spill something"! :mrgreen:
Pour yourselves some Arbuckle`s boys and "set a spell"! Nice to have you with us.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Feb 06, 2013 14:48

Yeeaaa Hoo! Two more wranglers in the corral this mornin`. Welcome aboard JimG in nj (New Jersey ?) and ped in Kent England. Say there sidekicks, pull up some campfire and grab a cup of Arbuckle`s. I`ve got some "Thrilling Tumbleweed Trivia"- particularly, peculiar, poppycock you probably just couldn`t live without! :roll:
Until about 1860, most coffees were shipped to the United States from South America in green bean form. Western customers usually roasted their own coffee beans in black iron skillets over campfires, and then ground the beans as they were needed to brew up something cowboys called "brown gargle strong `nuff to float a Colt"! Then in 1868, Charles Arbuckle patented a method of "flavor sealing" coffee beans with a glaze of egg-white and sugar, and by the 1880's, Arbuckle's Coffee Company had eighty-five roasting ovens and his "Ariosa" brand coffee, with its smoky, robust flavor, became the favorite of cowboys, soldiers, miners, settlers and every outlaw in the entire west. And these folks made their coffee stout! Camp cooks had a saying: "There's no such thing as coffee too strong... only weak people". :shock:
Welcome aboard guys!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:23

Hey, hey, hey! Taxicab108 in Washinton, D.C. welcome to WD! Shucks, our nation`s capital is a great place to call home eh? Say there cab108, I`ve got some original "Seasoned Saddlebum`s Sage Advice" for you. Yup!

If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back. Envy is a waste of time. If you want to be happy, accept what you already have - not what you wish you had. Life isn`t fair, but it is still good!

You`re going to like this place Taxicab108. Again, welcome aboard.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Feb 09, 2013 13:12

Howdy, howdy, botterenwors in Pretoria. That`s all the way down in South Africa friends. Hey botterenwors, in my crook of the neck... I mean... my wood neck of the crook... uhh... my woods in the crook... what I mean is... where I`m from, we have an old saying, "a wet bird never flies at night". I have no idea what it means! Just thought I drop it on ya! Hey "botterenwors", I`ve got a little "Seasoned Saddlebum`s Sage Advice" for you. Here goes:
When in doubt, just take the next small step. Life is too short - enjoy it. Take a deep breath - It calms the mind. Mentally, get rid of anything that isn't useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways.

Welcome to Wedliny Domowe my friend. Make yourself right at home.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:33

Hey wranglers! We have two new members on this ol` WD Brand - Ranch outfit and they are both fine lookin` dudes... But, I just can`t figure out why they are both roping sheep on a cattle ranch! :shock:
Welcome to Wedliny Domowe GrillinGlen in Idaho and dieselnutz in Canada. Nice to have you fellas with us. However, you shouldn`t be roping sheep! Oh, and yup... I`ve got a little "Saddlebum`s Western Wisdom" for ya`ll.
If something don't seem like it's worth the effort, it probably ain't. Remember that great achievements involve great risk. Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway. And if you get knocked on your face, just remember, your buckle `jes don't shine in the dirt, so get up... you ain`t hurt!
Shucks, pull up a little campfire and set a spell. Pour some Arbuckles and relax. You`re mighty welcome in this outfit.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Fri Feb 15, 2013 13:55

...and right now you are probably asking yourself, "Self, who the heck is this Arbuckle guy?"
(Inquiring minds want to know.)
Have a look at http://www.arbucklecoffee.com/category-s/1848.htm
:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
GrillinGlen
Beginner
Beginner

Post by GrillinGlen » Fri Feb 15, 2013 17:15

Hi from Idaho, USA I'm pleased to find this forum, found it on "Smokin Dons" blog, whos a member here and fellow pellet smoker. I havent actually made a sausage yet but its my current obsession. I have a birthday coming up and i've requested a decent grinder, stuffer and meat mixer. I'll be in touch as i get started.

s