Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:21

Say there wranglers... isn't it about time for some... "Seasoned Saddlebum`s "Sage Advice" - Philosophy From The Saddle"?
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." However, if you simply must enter into an arguement with him, you can always protect yourself by saying, "If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong".

We have two new members with us today. Welcome to Wedliny Domowe goldb328 in Afghanistan and Patrice in India. You fellas are going to like this place.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Aug 09, 2013 20:25

Welcome to Wedliny Domowe "Igor Dunczyk" in Copenhagen, Denmark and "Lone Andersen" in Cadorago, Italy. You`re with wild, questionable, and feral company here, but they are all great folks and share! Pull up some campfire and pour a cup of hot brown gargle strong enough to float a brick!
Here is some "Saddlebum`s Western Horse Sense" for you. "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - and cheat like hell if necessary. Did you know that the average response time of a 911 call is over 23 minutes? That`s outrageous! In Utah and Texas, the response time of a 9mm, a .357 mag, or a .44 magnum, is only 1400 feet per second!" :shock:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Last edited by Chuckwagon on Fri Aug 23, 2013 00:13, edited 1 time in total.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Igor Duńczyk
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Igor Duńczyk » Fri Aug 09, 2013 22:25

Then I´d better bring my good´old FN FAL rifle along; with 2700 feet a second it won´t be 911 but the phonenumber of the local undertaker that´ll be in demand! :cool:

That apart I´d like to thank you Chuckwagon for a warm wellcome (looking forward to gurgle in that cup of brown wake-the-dead-gargle someday :razz: ) and let me express my profound admiration for the GREAT work you are doing! I was actually invited by one of the polish administrators of wedlinidomowe to contribute with some recipes. Painstaking work as Polish wasn´t my Mothers tongue (literally speaking: Mom was danish ...the country I mean. But she was just as sweet :grin: ) and being somewhat more fluent in english I just couldn´t resist signing up with you guys as I may feel a bit more uninhibeted in these surroundings :twisted:

Surprised when seeing your picture a moment ago how close it came to what I had imagined! :grin: The standard is set - and its a high one!!

Actually I intend to undersign statements as "Igor The Dane" as "Duncyk" will probably pass as "Done Chick" for some members inner ears :???:

I ought to pass a recipe for our beloved danish cold cut: RULLEPOELSE :razz: (ever heard about that?)
But please DON´T associate me with the dreadfull danish version of salami called SPEGEPOELSE which is more painfull for the palate than a Wiking invasion :evil:
(How the .... ((heck)) do I type danish letters on this thing???) :shock:

Anyway, Looking forward to have fun with all of you Great Dudes :mrgreen:

Igor The Dane

PS: Any way to identify members by nationality? Just curious how many other Danes...
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Fri Aug 09, 2013 23:08

Igor, Google the "Alt Codes" You will get nearly a page of accent marks and letters.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Aug 11, 2013 13:05

Our latest member is "waca" in Brampton, Ontario. Welcome aboard pal! Say, you are looking fit and well. Hey, "waca", a friend asked me if I had a hard time making up my mind. I said, "Well, yes and no". Heck, I just can`t seem to keep it. I`ve already lost it several times today. Make yourself at home "waca". You`re going to like this place.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Aug 14, 2013 00:17

Yeeee Hawwww! Two more good lookin` wranglers ridin` into camp this morning. "Jorge lafuente" from Barcelona, Spain is on that sunfishin` sorrel and "Siamon" from New York is right behind him on that wild stallion! Now slow down those broomies and don`t kick up any dust around the ol` chuckwagon! Put away your mounts and tack then wash yer` hands folks! Grab a relaodin` outfit with some eatin` irons and pull up a log around the campfire. Pour yas' up some hot Arbuckles and sit back! We`ve got a ham n' egg breakfast ready and waitin` fer ya and there`s sourdough biscuits in the Dutch oven! Welcome to Wedliny Domowe folks! Make yourself at home and rest assured you are among friends!
Say, I believe it`s just about time for a little... "Chuckwagon`s Saddlebum`s Sagebrush Sagacity & Wild Western Wisdom!" And here it is: It's never too late to be happy. But it`s all up to you and no one else. Burn the good candles, use the nice sheets, and wear the fancy lingerie. And don`t be afraid to wear purple! Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is a special occasion! When it comes to going after what you love in life, never take no for an answer. :wink:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
ursula
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ursula » Wed Aug 14, 2013 09:09

A big welcome to you Jorge!
Perhaps we can chat in Spanish!
Best wishes Ursula
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Aug 19, 2013 01:36

Hi Pards! Here is some stuff you probably didn't know that you didn't know! :lol:

1. Men can read smaller print than women can, but women can hear better.
2. Coca-Cola was originally green.
3. It is impossible to lick your elbow, but at least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow!
4. The State with the highest percentage of people who walk to work is Alaska
5. The cost of raising a medium-size dog to the age of eleven is $16,400
6. The average number of people airborne over the U.S. in any given hour is 61,000
7. Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
8. The first novel ever written on a typewriter was Tom Sawyer.
9. The San Francisco Cable cars are the only mobile National Monuments.

Say there... we`ve got two new wranglers with us here at the W.D. brand! Welcome aboard Sika110 in Wexford, Ireland, and sergeg in Florida. We`re just tickled to have you with us and look forward to chatting with you folks. Grab a cup of Arbuckle`s hot, brown, ditch water from the pot on that ol` beat up ol` chipped, blue porcelain covered pot on the campfire and pull up some shade. Kick yer` boots off and sit a spell. You`re with good folks here.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Mon Aug 19, 2013 19:58

Chuckwagon wrote: 1. Men can read smaller print than women can, but women can hear better.
Oh, yeah? So how come they don't listen?
:mrgreen:
(Maybe it just seems that way because we don't see the clenched fists and signs of impending doom [eyes flashing, saying "You're flirting with death, Buster!"] while we're squinting to read the fine print.)
:shock:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Aug 22, 2013 03:01

Hi Pards! Say there... who are the hombres stalking the chuckwagon for cookies? Now listen you cookie grabbers... get back to the herd and ride drag this time in the dust! Shame on you for sneaking cookies. Supper`s on in about an hour... soon as you "park" the herd. So, grab yer` reloadin` outfit and yer` eatin` irons and mosey on over to the campfire. We`ve got smokey baked beans, roasted 'taters, grilled strip steak, and sourdough biscuits! Now, mind yer` manners and don`t sneak anymore cooki... Oh... shucks... I`ve had a change of heart! :roll: Take all the cookies you want! We made `em to eat `em. Sorry, ... I don`t know what came over me. :oops:
Three new wranglers with us here at the W.D. brand today! Welcome aboard DYI Steve from Sokane, Washington, "jammex" from Arizona, and "lucia88n" from England. We`re happy as a goat in the garbage to have new folks with us and we`re smilin` like a burro eatin` cactus! So, grab a cup of Arbuckle`s brown gargle from the pot on the campfire and kick yer` boots off.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
DYI Steve

Post by DYI Steve » Fri Aug 23, 2013 00:03

"We`re a rowdy bunch around here, but I think you will get used to us." ..... might be the other way around ... LOL ... thanks for the welcome
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Aug 24, 2013 22:33

Welcome to Wedliny Domowe mohsinj677 in Pakistan. Make yourself at home and relax. Throw a log on the campfire and pour a cup of brown gargle. Kick up yer` feet and listen to the ol` timers "kickin` up corral dust".

Say there, isn`t it time for some, Chuckwagon`s Saddlebum`s Sagebrush Sagacity & Wild Western Wisdom ?
Smile when you pick up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice. Shucks, I smile all the time now, because I can't hear a thing my ex-wife is saying. Yes, my "ex" wife! Some time ago, she sat down next to me as I was flipping channels.
She asked, "What's on TV?"
I said, "Dust."
That`s when she served papers on me! :roll:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Aug 29, 2013 02:20

We`re getting many "spammers" signing up. I weed `em out as quickly as possible, and they can really be a pain in the .... But on the other hand, I shall continue to chop out these greedy, disruptive, selfish, weenies! Bear with me folks. Many try to slip by, listing their home as England or Canada, but flying their own colors of other countries. I just have to wonder about people who will not fly their own flags and have to hide behind someone else`s colors. Rest assured, we will never promote anyone`s website for commercial purposes.

On the other hand, on a lighter note, welcome aboard maged tobgy in Cairo, and Anthony Root in Poland. Nice to have you with us folks. Make yourselves at home and enjoy Wedliny Domowe.

Okay, okay...All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. I almost had a psychic girlfriend, ... but she left me before we met. :shock:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Aug 29, 2013 02:36

Howdy, howdy, "Aces High" in Perth, Australia. Nice to have you ridin` fer` this brand! Park that broomtail and brush him dry! Store yer` tack and mosey on down to the campfire. There`s "Sonofabeech Stew" in the Dutch oven and sourdough biscuits. Corn on the cob and green salad too... we`re washin` it down with a little "home brew"! Welcome to Wedliny Domowe.

P.S. And, oh yes, don`t miss the Australian And New Zealand Resources For "Downunder" Members Of WD at this link: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=6050

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Aces High

Post by Aces High » Thu Aug 29, 2013 07:50

Thanks Chuckwagon

No spammers here , just another Aussie looking to get this charcuterie thing worked out.

Aces