Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Feb 23, 2012 02:59

There`s a new gunslinger in town and he`s got a glint in his eye. Welcome aboard "grasshopper" in Pine City, Minnesota - just a rock`s throw north of Minneapolis. Maybe you`re the new sheriff in these here parts. Hmmm... probably goin` ta clean up Main Street, lock down the crooks, and throw away the key to the crowbar hotel. You`ll like this outfit grasshopper... lots of good folks around to help. Oh, I almost forgot my Saddlebum's Western Wisdom. "Those who get too big for their britches will soon be exposed in the end."
Nice to have you with us Minnesota!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Last edited by Chuckwagon on Wed Mar 28, 2012 06:13, edited 1 time in total.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Feb 25, 2012 05:58

Today we have four new wranglers signin` on with the WD brand. Welcome aboard Adolfo in San Dimas, Jim & Jean aka two_MN_kids in Blaine, Minnesota, and Henrythe27th in Oakville. Did you folks know that when a cowboy gets his rope caught 'neath his horse's tail while roping cows or ponies, his mount may take particular exception to the position of the lariat, causing extreme concern to the rider. This is "rim fire", whereupon the critter may become engaged in "blowin' rollers" (snorting) while "swappin' ends" - bucking up facing one direction, then landing facing the opposite direction. :roll:

And now, some `Saddlebum`s Western Wisdom`: Never... and I mean never, ever ... take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night. :wink:

Nice to have you with us folks!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Feb 27, 2012 23:09

Man at the pot! Pour the man a cup. There`s a new wrangler around the ol` campfire and his name is ofoe1 from London, England. Welcome aboard Ofoe. Have you been around horses much ofoe? Out here, we say that a "rim-fired" bronc may even "sunfish" whenever a raspy, rawhide rope rubs his rump. Twisting his body into a crescent shape while throwing his head alternately to the right then left, a spirited mount may appear as if he were trying to "sun" [tan] both sides of his body as he jumps almost vertically into the air. Nice to have you with us ofoe!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Feb 27, 2012 23:40

From some Marty Robbins lyrics,:
I was hangin' 'round town, just spendin' my time
Out of a job, not earnin' a dime
A feller steps up and he said, "I suppose
You're a bronc fighter from looks of your clothes."
"You figures me right, I'm a good one." I claim
"Do you happen to have any bad ones to tame?"
Said "He's got one, a bad one to buck
At throwin' good riders, he's had lots of luck."

I gets all het up and I ask what he pays
To ride this old nag for a couple of days
He offered me ten; I said, "I'm your man,
A bronc never lived that I couldn't span."
He said: "Get your saddle, I'll give you a chance"
In his buckboard we hopped and he drives to the ranch
I stayed 'til mornin' and right after chuck
I stepped out to see if this outlaw can buck.

Down in the horse corral standin' alone
Is an old Caballo, a Strawberry Roan
His legs are all spavined, he's got pigeon toes
Little pig eyes and a big Roman nose
Little pin ears that touched at the tip
A big 44 brand was on his left hip
U-necked and old, with a long, lower jaw
I could see with one eye, he's a regular outlaw.

I gets the blinds on 'im and it sure is a fright
Next comes the saddle and I screws it down tight
Then I steps on 'im and I raises the blinds
Get outta the way boys, he's gonna unwind
He sure is a frog-walker, he heaves a big sigh
He only lacks wings, for to be on the fly
He turns his old belly right up to the sun
He sure is a sun-fishin', son-of-a-gun.

He's about the worst bucker I've seen on the range
He'll turn on a Nickel and give you some change
He hits on all fours and goes up on high
Leaves me a spinnin' up there in the sky
I turns over twice and I comes back to earth
I lights in a cussin' the day of his birth
I know there are ponies that I cannot ride
There's some of them left, they haven't all died.

I'll bet all my money, the man ain't alive
That'll stay with Old Strawberry
When he makes his high dive.

I think that Chuckwagon maybe was the rancher that owned this one.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Feb 28, 2012 02:10

Wow, thanks ol' pard... that pert near put a tear in my eye! :roll:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Feb 28, 2012 23:06

Welcome to the WD Ranch pards, where a brand new member Philip06 in London, England is slatherin` sauce on the ribs, basting the turkey, and grillin` the kielbasas n` brats. Hey, Philip... have you ever noticed that in many folks, a clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory? :lol: It`s nice to have you with us Philip.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Mar 03, 2012 04:49

Hey, hey, there are two good-lookin` and intelligent new members joining WD today. Welcome Camren11 in Sunshine Coast, Queensland (Australia) and Big Daddy in Guadalajara, Mexico. Hey brothers, when you get tired of all that sunshine, do you want to come up here and shovel snow with me? Oh, by the way, last week I met a guy from Mexico who said he didn`t like chorizo sausage... said he preferred kielbasa! :shock:
And now, some `Saddlebum`s Western Wisdom`: They say behind every successful man is his woman. Shucks pards, I believe that behind the FALL of a successful man, there is usually ANOTHER woman.
It`s nice to have you boys join us! Make yourselves at home.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Last edited by Chuckwagon on Wed Mar 28, 2012 06:16, edited 1 time in total.
grasshopper
Passionate
Passionate

Post by grasshopper » Sun Mar 04, 2012 04:24

Hey Chuckwagon. Hope this is the right place to have a question. To scared to go any place till I post my problem. Been having trouble getting on the site. I get error 505 or 404, useing internet explore 8. Last Saturday was the last. Tried a bunch of times sense, with no luck. I was able to get on by www.wedlinymowe.com and linking to the forum. lucky me. I almost gave up. Sure glad to get here now. I also sent a reply to all the email with the trouble I am having getting to the site. Also links didn't work, same error. If you would be so kind to email me at mikesmold@q.com with any suggestions. I really like this site. Great sense of humor and great information. I am going to try going to other places on the site, looking for information. Thank's, Grasshopper
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Mar 04, 2012 06:12

Hi Grasshopper,
Watch your email. I've already sent you a message. Thanks for letting us know about it.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Mar 05, 2012 08:33

Welcome aboard Butterbean in "southern Georgia". Say ol` pard, we`ve just got to know something. They say that Gainesville (just northeast of Atlanta), is the "Chicken Capital Of The World". However... it is illegal to eat chicken with a fork in that city. :shock: Is this true?
I shouldn`t be too critical. In my family`s native Switzerland, it is illegal to slam your car door. :roll:
We`re glad to have you with us Butterbean. Make yourself at home!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Mon Mar 05, 2012 17:03

That's true but I can't see why someone would break such an important law. Its about the same as giving out gold fish to entice someone to play bingo. That's illegal too. So is keeping a donkey in your bathtub and lord forbid you carry an ice cream cone in your back pocket. Our lawmakers are busy.
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 19:49

Hi,
I had this same problem with becoming a member, every possible message but no enrolment on this site.
Being a persistent old fool, after about 6 tries I finally succeeded.
Regards,
Jan.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Mar 07, 2012 07:13

Welcome aboard Kylan4 in Palm Beach (Sydney), Australia. Wow, did you know that Australia has 40 million kangaroos and only 20 million people. Incredibly, 80% of the folks in Australia live in cities next to the sea - along one of Australia`s 7000 beautiful beaches. We`re glad to have you as a member Kylan.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Mar 08, 2012 05:36

Our newest member is Carter07 in Seattle. Hey sausage makers, did you know that Seattle, Washington has the highest percentage of college and university graduates of any major U.S. city? Seattle is home to one of the United States's most respected public research universities, the University of Washington, as well as numerous smaller universities and colleges. No wonder we have so many sausage makers from Seattle... they`re all smart folks and certainly know which site to join! :idea: Wedliny Domowe - Home Sausage Making! Welcome aboard Carter07.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Mar 10, 2012 02:44

A big howdy to WD Eduardo2 in San Dimas, California. Hey Eduardo, are you a sports fan? See if you can figure this one out before Uwanna or anyone else does:

What are the only two days of the year in which there are no professional sports games played in the MLB, NBA, NHL, or NFL?

Let's hear it sports fans! If no one get it, the answer will magically appear right here in the next welcome post here. Shucks, I always "reckoned" that any day without baseball or fishing was a serious oversight on someone`s part and usually required treatment for depression. :cry:

Nice to have you with us Eduardo. Make yourself right at home!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon