Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
uwanna61
Passionate
Passionate

Post by uwanna61 » Thu May 03, 2012 02:49

Jim/Dick
What base in Germany where you stationed?

Wally
two_MN_kids
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by two_MN_kids » Thu May 03, 2012 03:17

Wally,

I was with the USAF 2nd MOB (Mobile Combat Communications Group), Lindsay Air Station, Wiesbaden from 1973 to 1975. I met some great people there, including some German Nationals that I am still in contact with.

I'm guessing you must have been there too! :lol:

Jim
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu May 03, 2012 04:41

Would you believe the "Wolverine State" no longer has wolverines in it? Well, that`s Okay because they`ve got plenty of everything else in Michigan - including our latest member YooperDog. Michigan also is the home of the world's largest registered Holstein dairy herd. Guess the name of the town... Elsie. And that`s not all. A town called Colon is home to the world's largest manufacturer of magic supplies. As long as we`re talkin` about Michigan cities, guess how Novi got its name. Believe it or not, it was because of its designation as Stagecoach Stop #6... or simply NO.VI. Welcome aboard YooperDog, it`s nice to have you join this bunch of smoke sniffers and meat munchers! :wink:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat May 05, 2012 06:39

Our latest member is TSMODIE in Montrose, Colorado. He`s tucked in the heart of the Colorado Rockies - part of the North American Cordillera, which stretches 3,000 miles from Alaska, through western Canada and the United States, into northern Mexico. The centerpieces of this dramatic uplift are the peaks over 14,000 feet, or "Fourteeners", as they are affectionately called by the Colorado citizenry. There are 52 Fourteeners in Colorado. Welcome to WD TSMODIE

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun May 06, 2012 03:11

Oh boy, did you ever have one of those days? I`m just beat and I really haven`t done anything but get older. I think ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy. :shock: Shucks, hard work pays off in the future; laziness pays off now. :roll:
Hey folks, we`ve got another new member today. He`s Markjass in Canterbury, New Zealand. Welcome aboard Mark. Nice to see you. You look healthy and well-fed! Pull up some shade and stick around for a hundred years! You`ll like this place.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
YooperDog
Beginner
Beginner

Post by YooperDog » Sun May 06, 2012 18:52

HI folks

My brothers and I have been making fresh sausages since we were kids. Just the thing you did in a Polish house and family. Continued the process after I grew up, but slowed down as life got in the way. Starting to get back in the game and looking at also making dry sausages with my brothers. I have gotten pretty good at BBQ'g and smoking and I am now looking at building a larger one to get better control to cool smoke. Made my first shot at LOX last month, hardest part was keeping the temp down so as not to cook the fillets while smoking. My wife and I are preparing to start making cheese (hobby and curiosity). We have an apiary and always have something fermenting, mead, beer, wine, etc...

I spent the majority of my adult life working around the world, providing me the opportunity to travel and taste my way way through all kinds of great and interesting food and drinks. Now I am trying to adjust to being a home body and cleaning up a never ending Honey Do and home list. In my spare time that is left I get out and learn and practice my hobbies. Isn't that what doctors do? They are always practicing. Life is an unending learning opportunity and I plan on taking advantage of those opportunities
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed May 16, 2012 08:08

We have a new member on the forum and her name is KMIAA in Georgia. Have you seen the wild turkeys in Georgia, KMIAA? We are happy to have you join us. I think you`ll like this place. Welcome aboard KMIAA!

There`s been a lot of turkey talk on the forum lately with the beauty that Tooth shot in Illinois. Here`s a bit of turkey trivia. In 1920, American turkey farmers produced one turkey annually, for every 29 people in the country. Today, one turkey is produced each year for each person. As far as wild turkeys go, you can qualify for a "grand slam" by bagging a specified number of gobblers in a number of states, but only two persons have ever made a "super slam" - that is shooting a wild turkey in 49 states. Why not 50 states? It`s because Alaska does not have wild turkeys.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun May 20, 2012 09:09

OK trivia experts, here we go again. We have two new gunslingers joinin` this outfit today and I believe I`ve seen `em on a wanted poster somewhere. Welcome aboard DaWiz and gvaughn - both from the same state... where the highest paved road in North America leads to Mount Evans at 14,258 feet above sea level. The state`s capital city has the longest continuous street in the United States. The world`s first rodeo was held in this state on July 4th, 1869. (You`re getting warmer now!). Any guesses yet? The state has the only city in the USA with four living recipients of the Medal Of Honor! The federal government owns over 1/3 of the land in the state. Okay, this next clue is a dead giveaway! The capital city is exactly one mile above sea level. Spelled backward, the state is home to DaWiz and gvaughn and it`s odaroloC. Welcome aboard boys! Nice to have you ridin` with the brand!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
redzed

Post by redzed » Mon May 21, 2012 03:23

Yeah! Was the land of Forrest Gump!
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue May 22, 2012 04:10

Welcome to WD, "GRINDnSTUFF" in Georgia - where each year the state serves as a host to the International Poultry Trade Show, the largest poultry convention in the world. Make yourself at home and don`t be shy. Nice to have you with us.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed May 23, 2012 10:58

Welcome, welcome, ElenaLeo in Rostov-on-Don, the administrative center of Rostov Oblast and the Southern Federal District of Russia. Elena is only 20 miles from the Sea Of Azov (just north of the Black Sea). Hey Elena, do you walk for exercise? The only reason I would take up walking is so that I could hear heavy breathing again. :roll: And every time I hear that dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate! :mrgreen: It`s nice to have you with us ElenaLeo.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu May 24, 2012 04:57

There`s a new wrangler ridin` into camp today and his name is lemay07 from Ottawa, Canada. Welcome to the WD outfit lemay, where we grind, smoke, n` smile a lot. Hey, hey, lemay... what is your least favorite poultry? Mine is crow. I just hate eating crow, but I found out that if I have to do it, the easiest way to eat crow is while it's still warm. The colder it gets, the harder it is to swallow. :roll: Nice to have you with us lemay.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri May 25, 2012 23:37

Just look at those wanted posters! I wonder why they put them in the Post Office. What do they think we should do? Write to them? :roll:
Hey wait up cowherders! Those two over there. Just look at those mugs! They are sure a tough-lookin` pair eh? Wanted for sausage rustlin`! Why... there`s ol` DavidMike out of Chicago and BenjaminTaylor in Seattle, Washington! Welcome aboard boys. Pull up some campfire and make yourself at home. It`s nice to have you with us.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed May 30, 2012 06:31

Welcome aboard "Still Smok`n" in Minnesota. We`re glad to have you with us. I`ve got some WD Wrangler`s "Utterly Useless Trivia" for you. It`s information you probably just can`t live without. :roll:
In 1926, a Los Angeles restaurant owner named Bob, was looking for a way to use up leftovers, so he threw together some avocado, celery, tomato, chives, watercress, hard-boiled eggs, chicken, bacon, and Roquefort cheese. The combination tasted so good he gave the salad his last name: Cobb.

Hey "Still Smok`n"... You`re going to like this bunch of coconuts. They`re a friendly crew. Join us in the chatroom.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Jun 03, 2012 04:41

There's a new man in the camp today and his name is "1shertzer" from California. Welcome aboard pard.
Hey shert, do ya wanna hear something almost unbelievable? The world's most expensive coffee, Kopi Luwak, is $130 per pound! The coffee is found in the droppings of a type of marsupial that eats only the very best coffee beans. Plantation workers track the marsupials, then form a group to scoop the poop. It`s called a poop scoop group! Hmmm... I think I`ll stick with Arbuckle`s brown gargle.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon