Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Darthfrog
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Darthfrog » Mon Jun 04, 2012 03:13

Chuckwagon wrote: The world's most expensive coffee, Kopi Luwak, is $130 per pound! The coffee is found in the droppings of a type of marsupial that eats only the very best coffee beans.
What I want to know is who first thought of making coffee from dung!

--
Cheers,
Rob
I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Jun 04, 2012 03:17

Why would aanyone do that???????!!!!!!
Ross- tightwad home cook
w1sby
Beginner
Beginner

Post by w1sby » Mon Jun 04, 2012 20:09

It had to be a redneck... "Hey y'all! Drink this!"

At any rate, I'm guessing alcohol was involved :wink:

73 de Allen, W1SBY/AE
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Jun 07, 2012 07:47

Welcome aboard Mr.Dhami in Canada! We`re glad to have you join this group of smoke-sniffers! You know, I went my umpteenth class reunion. No one knew me! Every one of my former classmates were so gray and wrinkled and bald, ...they didn`t recognize me!
Hey Mr.Dhami, I`ve got some "Saddlebums` Western Advice" for the buckaroos a` readin` these lines... "Always keep your words soft and sweet -- just in case you have to eat them."
Again, welcome to WD Mr. Dhami.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Thu Jun 07, 2012 14:03

"Every one of my former classmates were so gray and wrinkled and bald, " WOW! even the girls?
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Jun 08, 2012 04:55

Yeah, it's pretty sad... it's all because of the alkaline water out here. It's dry too! People try to drink it, but the water is so dry, it causes one to choke and often evaporates before one is able to swallow! Gosh, the water out here is so dry... the bushes actually follow the dogs around! By the time women reach middle-age, their hair has dried out and been blown away by a little March breeze of only about 75 MPH. And garsh... I've seen wrinkles turn into "gulches" deep enough to grow taters in! :shock:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
redzed

Post by redzed » Fri Jun 08, 2012 05:13

CW they probably look like that because they're vegans! If they would sink their teeth into a good sausage now and then, they'd look 20 years younger.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Jun 08, 2012 05:17

I reckon so pard! :mrgreen:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Jun 08, 2012 05:19

There`s another wrangler ridin` into camp. Welcome aboard Channan7 in Georgia - land of wonderful onions and peaches! Hey Channan7, here`s some Saddlebum`s "Western Advice" for you. Take a tip from an old timer and never, ever... and I mean never in a thousand years..., mention to your wife, that her turkey might have been just a little overcooked! The consequences are worse than spending a month in jail with a wounded hypochondriac! :shock: YeeeOwwww! Welcome to WD pard!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:00

Howdy sausage-makin' buckaroos! We`ve got a brand new wrangler joining us and his handle is Big JohnP in Laval, Quebec, Canada. Welcome aboard Big JohnP. Make yourself at home and pour yourself a cup of brown gargle. The pot`s on the campfire and supper`s going to be when ssorllih`s 5 o`clock shadow grows out. That should be about 7:30. :shock: Hey Big John, I`ve got some "Thrilling Tumbleweed Trivia" for you. This time, it`s about critters: A polar bear's skin is black... and its fur is not white, but actually clear. More people are killed by donkeys annually than are killed in plane crashes. Yup, and did you know that if you keep a Goldfish in a dark room, it will eventually turn white? One more... this one`s about "human critters". Over 2500 left-handed people a year are killed from using products made for right-handed people. We`re glad to have you with us Big JohnP.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Jun 20, 2012 13:41

Another great looking but reserved fellow joining our ranks today! He`s modest visionar in Cornwall, England. Hey MV, I have some "Thrilling Tumbleweed Trivia" just for you - you know... utterly useless minutiae that you probably just can`t live without - and here it is:
When Albert Einstein died, his final words died with him. The nurse at his side didn't understand German! :shock:
We are very happy to have you with us MV.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Jun 22, 2012 06:36

There`s an incredibly intelligent gentleman new to WD today and he`s from the Netherlands. Welcome aboard RPG in Holland. Oh, how do I know RPG is brilliant? Well, he joined Wedliny Domowe didn`t he? Nice to have you with us RPG.
Oh yes, I`ve got a little useless "Thrilling Tumbleweed Trivia" just for you, and here it is: Alexander the Great was an epileptic, Paul Revere was a dentist. Atilla the Hun is thought to have been a dwarf, and Marilyn Monroe had only six toes. And totally unrelated is Shakespeare... he invented the words "assassination" and "bump."
Whew! Make yourself right at home RPG.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:35

Welcome aboard, Marek in the steel and coal producing city of Ostrava, Czech Republic, only 9 miles from Poland! We`re happy to have you with us Marek, so make yourself right at home, pour a cup of hot brown gargle, and have a seat `round the ol` campfire!
Hey Marek, I`ve got some "Seasoned Saddlebum`s "Western Advice" for you. In Paraguay, dueling is legal as long as both parties are registered blood donors. My advice is if you are ever involved in a duel in Paraguay, cheat like hell, throw grenades, and run away! :roll:
You`re going to like this site Marek. There are plenty of crazy smoke addicts here.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Jun 24, 2012 09:04

Just look at these two new guys ridin` into the WD camp! Notice the cold, hard, steel-blue eyes squinting like they just held up the Last National Bank of Telluride! Hey, there`s Critterhunter from somewhere in the U.S.A., and Wellsroger from San Jose, California. Where have you boys been and why are you ridin` so fast? Ahhh.. yes, it must be to join us `round the old campfire and split up some of the loot eh? Welcome aboard boys! Oh, I have some "Seasoned Saddlebum`s "Western Advice" for both of you: Practice safe eating -- always use condiments!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:16

Welcome to Wedliny Domowe, "dr de porc" in that great city that hosted the 2000 Olympic Games... Sydney. Hey, doctor of pork, do you know what most Australians call a boomerang that doesn`t come back to you when you throw it? Hmmm... most call it a "stick"! :lol:
Wow, Sydney has some history eh? The oldest daily newspaper in the southern hemisphere (the Sydney Morning Herald), opened in 1831. Gosh, I was just a youngster then. The first radio station in Australia was built in Sydney in 1912. And Sydney has the highest building in the entire southern hemisphere at 324 metres above sea level. We`re glad to have you with us doc!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon