Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Janlab
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Janlab » Thu Sep 04, 2014 06:04

Slowly now Jan!

Your welcome M.

Jan
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Sep 04, 2014 09:01

Crusty wrote:
Are you applying racist rules against us Banana Benders in Queensland,
Of course not Crusty, you ol' salty dog! I just ate too much Hungarian paprika today.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:58

Our newest member comes from a state having the only floating Post Office in the United States. The J.W. Westcott II, operating for 125 years, is the only boat in the world that delivers mail to ships while they are still underway. Goodness, the state has the longest freshwater shoreline in the world and more total shoreline than any other state except Alaska. It actually has 116 lighthouses and navigational lights! Now, get this - the state has more than 11,000 inland lakes and more than 36,000 miles of streams. Fishing anyone? Have you got it figured out yet? Just a couple of more hints. Let`s narrow it down just a bit. Forty of the state's 83 counties adjoin at least one of the Great Lakes. Have you got it yet? One last hint: It is the only state that touches four of the five Great Lakes.

Welcome Sue from Michigan! It`s nice to have you aboard. Shucks Sue, I hope you like the taste of Arbuckle`s. It`s "cowboy coffee" from way, way, back. Allow me to pour you a cup then sit around the campfire with us and tell us about fresh water in Michigan. It`s something we don`t see a lot of out here on the desert. Make yourself at home Sue. You`re among friends!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:23

...which bring us to the subject of yet another state. Where is the oldest State University in the United States? Well it`s in the same state that produces the largest number of sweet potatoes of course! You know... the home of Pepsi and the Krispy Kreme Doughnut. :roll: Got it yet? Only one more clue. This state is home to our newest member and it leads the nation in furniture, tobacco, brick, and textile production. Welcome to Wedliny Domowe Kssalah in North Carolina... the state where Babe Ruth just happened to hit his first professional home run in Fayetteville on March 7, 1914. We`re happy to have you here Kssalah. What`s that? Ohhh... the name of the oldest state university? Well, it`s the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Sep 09, 2014 08:46

Hi smoke wranglers! Here is the latest from, "Enquiring Minds Really, Really, Really, Want To Know"! See if you can answer all of these hot questions. These are answers we just can`t live without! If you get all 5, you can ride my pony anytime and we`ll give you a title of trivia genius! We`ll even start calling you "sir" or "mam" and serve you all the ice cream you can eat on Sundays! The answers are given below in the "welcome message".

(1.) What do bulletproof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers, and laser printers all have in common?
(2.) What is the average number of people airborne over the U.S. in any given hour? (Just take a guess).
(3.) How did we get the term, "the rule of thumb"?
(4.) How did we get the word "golf"?
(5.) Everyone knows that water expands when it is frozen. The question IS... by how much?

More females at WD! Hurrrrahhh! I mean.... Uh... "Yeeee Hawww"! :oops: Welcome to Wedliny Domowe "eshall" somewhere in the USA and eshalifatima in the USA. And lets give a big "Howdy" to pafret in the "northeast"! It`s nice to have you folks with us on our humble site. Now, mosey on down to the campfire and sidle up to some Arbuckle`s brown gargle"! Oh yes... here are the answers to the questions above. A. All were invented by women. B. 61,000 C. In the 1400`s a law was set forth in England that a man was allowed to beat his wife with a stick no thicker than his thumb. :shock: D. Long ago in Scotland , a new game was invented. It was ruled "Gentlemen Only...Ladies Forbidden"...thus the word GOLF entered into the English language. :roll: And finally, E. 9% Okay folks, don`t be shy! Find Hyde Park and "chat" with us. Welcome aboard!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Last edited by Chuckwagon on Tue Sep 09, 2014 22:16, edited 1 time in total.
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Tue Sep 09, 2014 14:49

Hmmm... Lessee...
(1.) What do bulletproof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers, and laser printers all have in common?
That's easy. CW has frequent need of each of them, usually while moderating this column.
(2) Uhhhhh....
:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Sep 09, 2014 22:21

Hmmmmm.... what?.... where? .... Goodness, what was that noise? Sounded like gas escaping! Did someone step on a duck? :shock:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:49

Hey pards,
Isn`t it just about time for some... "Saddlebum`s Sagebrush Sagacity & Wild West Wisdom"? Yup, I reckon so!

Did you happen to know that if a statue in your favorite park, has a person on a horse having both front legs in the air, that person died in battle? If the horse has one front leg in the air the person died as a result of wounds received in battle. If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes. Yup! It`s true. And if the horse has more than four legs on the ground... you`d better sober up! :roll:

Welcome to Wedliny Domowe "Azurecybe" from Iowa, USA, and "DasRauchHaus" from Melbourne, Australia. It`s nice to have you fellas with us! Say wrangers, I hope all your horses have their legs on the ground! Grab some Arbuckle`s boys! :wink:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 19:34

DasRauchHaus,
Welcome to a great forum. With a forum name like yours, I certainly like to know if you have any "old country family recipes" hidden somewhere.
Have a look in the Australian/New Zealand section, lots of info available, especially suppliers.
If you can add anything to it, Please Do.
Cheers,
Jan.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Sep 13, 2014 17:11

Yeeee Hawwww! More new members at the WD outfit! :mrgreen: Park yer` ponies boys, and mosey, amble, saunter, meander, stroll, or hoof it on down to the ol` campfire and grab yourselves some Arbuckles! Say, are you boys ridin` low in the willows dodgin` the law? You look a little tired and beat into the ground! :lol: Just look at those guilty faces... OH... Now I get it! You are the SmokeDoctor`s Gang out of Arkansas - the boys who held up the train at El Rauncharoodoo Crossing last Tuesday! Yep, blew the wheels right off the freight car! That danged thing must have slid down the track fer` a mile, I reckon... before it came to a stop! Yes sir-eeeee..., knocked out two sheep, bent the tail on some farmer`s cow, tipped over a strolling 3rd rate musician (a bad saxophone player) moseyin' on down the track, and knocked over a stray, cocky, duck! :roll:
Welcome aboard Sweepsa from North Carolina, Pulsarair from Houston, Texas, rudyusmc out of Florida, and SmokeDoctor from Arkansas. Don`t worry `bout that Arkansas Sheriff and the posse... you`re among friends!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
inishta

Hi there

Post by inishta » Tue Dec 16, 2014 17:50

Hi there, I joined the site a while ago. I have lived in Turkey for quite a while now and whilst we enjoy a great variety of cuisine the one thing that I really miss is sausage. Red Cross parcels from holiday visitors are great but I thought that I'd supplement this with sausage crafted by my own fair hand. First issue..........I didn't have a clue so I went to Google and here I am.

I have been browsing the site and have to admit to feeling a little intimidated. To date I have crafted Cumberland and Lincolnshire English style sausage and a couple of 'made it up as I went along' varieties. Confidence is building but it's going to take a while...........compounded by the fact the we have no pork available (although I can get wild boar). There is every chance that I will ask some really stupid questions so please be kind.

Thanks for the opportunity to learn.

Inishta......... :cool:
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Tue Dec 16, 2014 19:31

Welcome aboard Inishta-

Wild Boar would be a great substitute for pork. There are also all beef and other recipes here:
http://www.wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=5146 The members Recipe Index.

No such thing as a stupid question...so ask away. Everyone here was once a beginner.
rdstoll
Beginner
Beginner

Post by rdstoll » Tue Dec 16, 2014 19:47

Hi -

Rob here just joined today. From Illinois. Have been smokin' BBQ for about the last year and a half but trying to get away from pure brisket, ribs, and butts towards something more creative. Got the big Marianski book recently.

This all came together as I was trying to figure out what to do over my 10 day Christmas vacation so I got the wild idea to cure/smoke some bacon and beef jerky - hence why I'm here!

Thanks!
redzed

Post by redzed » Wed Dec 17, 2014 06:33

Welcome Inishta and rdstoll! You are among like-minded meatheads! Ask questions, post pictures and hang around! We are here to lead you to sausage heaven!
Jraiona

Hello From Kentucky

Post by Jraiona » Sun Jan 11, 2015 20:55

Hello all. My name is John. I am a chef in Louisville KY and am looking to learn all I can about charcuterie and sausage making. I look forward to new friendships and learning.