"Disclaimer Container" - Where Did My Post Go?

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Sat Oct 11, 2014 05:09

quote="redzed"]Scroll down to the bottom the main forum page. Locate the line with the word moderator. Click on that word and you will see there are 5 individuals there with the title moderator. In fact, until a few weeks ago, there were six names there. Chuckwagon is still there. And if you check any of his posts he is a "Senior Moderator". I have not been advised by anyone that anything has changed.[/quote]

In the years that I was here, just three months after you, I never heard a word from any of those guys, just CW. How about you, is it different because you speak Polish? You know as well as I do that this site would have no English speaking presence were it not for CW, he made it happen with his knowledge of charcuterie, wit, charm, and gift of giving. Sorry Chris, this is all BS and you know it. How is it that when CW was named "moderator" in 2011 that there were "80 noggins" to collectively put together, now it seems there are almost a thousand. Too bad it all came down this way, I'll miss this site far more than it will miss me. I hope the producers can sleep with their decision, and wish their new star the best. I imagine that soon they won't be holding onto the #1 show anymore, it'll serve them well to pay attention as to why. I'll go away again now, tho I do like to come back for a recipe from time to time. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
Rick
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Rick » Sat Oct 11, 2014 15:07

Well I really hate to see this site imploding right before my eyes due to the selfishness and pride of a few people. I keep seeing these little innuendo's being stated, as to what I can tell, has something to do with wearing the badge of "moderator". Who gives a rip as to who is a moderator and who isn't. One persons statements surely can't be taken as gospel truth, but are given so that we can test, try and improve if necessary.

What makes for a great forum? Isn't it the collaborative efforts and the free sharing of information to promote a love or hobby?

I have to laugh because it seems that those involved in this pissing match are all over the age of 63 and have a whole row of red sausages below their name! You would think that you were well past the childish back biting stage competing for fame and acceptance and the right to wear the 'moderator badge' of honor! I would think that you would be happy and humbled to share all the information you have on sausage making with those of us who lack the knowledge, yet are eager to learn. Heck in another 10 years you'll probably all be dead, taking this information to the grave with you. Do you think you can control the art of sausage making from the grave?

It all comes down to 'PRIDE' boys and girls! Get over it! It must be the general nature of all forums to compete for the title of 'forums greatest narcissistic orator'.

I guess what disappoints me the most, is there are a lot of members here like myself who are not experts in the art of making sausage that do have basic questions they'd like answered to help them progress in the hobby. I for one asked a question that went unanswered concerning the availability of stomachs and bladders for sausage stuffing. Seemed some recipes called for such items and I wanted to know the availability. Now for those members like myself who are the least experienced in sausage making and have a burning desire to learn more, there is another sausage forum that will answer your elementary questions. Probably not as diversified in the art of sausage making as this site, but helpful just the same.

Check out http://deejaysworld.net/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

They're a friendly bunch of folks where the pride factor hasn't seemed at the moment to have gone over the top yet, and the site isn't imploding!

I'm sorry for the rant, but hey, as one who does enjoy sausage making and does not have all the answers, I really hate all the frustration found here at the moment just in trying to get a basic question answered. I'll stick around of coarse as there is still good information to be gleaned from the site before it's shut down. I'm really tickled pink that I was able to get my headcheese process resolved to where I came out with an outstanding product, which was all due to the UN-selfishness help at the time!

Again, I apologize for the rant.
grasshopper
Passionate
Passionate

Post by grasshopper » Sat Oct 11, 2014 16:29

I'll miss this site far more than it will miss me
Ray you say it better than I

It does not come down to pride. It has to do with who gets to change the forum and ONLY one moderator should be able to do that. CHUCKWAGON. He built the English speaking site from the ground up.
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Sun Oct 12, 2014 07:27

Post deleted as it contravenes Forum Regulations.
Last edited by sawhorseray on Sun Oct 12, 2014 22:26, edited 2 times in total.
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
Rick
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Rick » Sun Oct 12, 2014 18:51

To the contrary Ray, Italian sausage is not my favorite because I don't like fennel. I do like Polish though. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes, which is the freedom which you speak of is all about.

When one passes through the door though, everyone loses, because there is no longer a sharing of knowledge. I'd still like to think that I can count on your experience and knowledge, because it will always have value, so I hope the door doesn't shut behind you.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sun Oct 12, 2014 19:03

Ray I can't believe that you ever walked away from a good fight. I have walked away from many stupid fights but I stand my ground for a righteous fight. There is nothing wrong with Chris but we need to convenience Chuckwagon that his contribution to the cooking pot is worth while.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Rick
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Rick » Sun Oct 12, 2014 19:08

I'm still a little baffled by grasshoppers comments about someone changing a forum. From what I understand, when a domain name is purchased, it belongs to the purchaser. When someone designs a web site under that domain name, it belongs to that person. After all, people do pay for web designs with the intentions that they are the sole owners and controller of said web site. Otherwise who'd pay for a web design if anyone could come along and hijack it for their own desires?

If it were so easy for someone to take over a forum and change it at will, would mean that every web site on the internet would have been changed from its conception to the present. Either by malicious intent, or just by good intentions of making it better. Yet there are many sites that I visit that have been the same since the day they first went on line.

Now I suppose that an owner who has sole control of the site, may grant permission to someone to make changes, but that permission has to be granted by the owner to begin with. Could the owner not also rescind that power?

Not being an owner of a web site myself, I just don't understand how someone can come in and take over that easily. Then again, this whole issue seems kind of vague to those of us on the outside of the issue looking in.
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Sun Oct 12, 2014 21:34

Heck Ross, I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone, just trying to cover a buddys back. I don't know that CW is going to be talked into or convinced of anything, there might be a good possibility that he's kind of pissed off and hurt. Might be that he's just walking away and ain't looking back, might not. Just like when carpenters are paired up on jobsite, I really don't know what else to do but cover my partners back.

Rick, there will be plenty of knowledgeable folks here to answer questions, Chris wasn't made a moderator for nothing. After a short while you won't have any questions, just some answers for other folks. Stuffing sausage is pretty basic stuff, smoking requires that you use cure and take your time, that's about it. Heck, I'll "probably be dead in ten years anyway"!

On forums folks aren't able to speak face to face or even on the phone, everything is communicated thru the written word. CW has a special talent for making you think he's right there speaking to you when you are reading his missives. I believe it takes a talent such as that to draw people into a site, and keep them there. It will be interesting to see how things shake down here in the future. RAY
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Oct 13, 2014 00:50

Ray, :grin: :smile:
Ross- tightwad home cook
grasshopper
Passionate
Passionate

Post by grasshopper » Mon Oct 13, 2014 01:34

It does not come down to pride. It has to do with who gets to change the forum and ONLY one moderator should be able to do that. CHUCKWAGON. He built the English speaking site from the ground up.
OK maybe I should Have said PERMISSION, to change the content of the forum. The way I understand it is Chuckwagon was the only one who could do that. Now it is different. I do understand why he is upset. I will say it again he built the English speaking site from the ground up. The people who actually own the site, in my mind don't appreciate what he has done. And here we go again.
Rick
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Rick » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:37

Sawhorseray, thank you for the confidence. I do hope after a short while I can pay back what I've learned by helping others!

Grasshopper, your statement, "The people who actually own the site" tells me a lot. It's starting to sound like a case of someone took on a gratis approach (CW) and offered to modify a web site for another thinking that 'gratis' would equate into 'entitlement', which I'm sorry to say, it doesn't!

As the saying goes, good guys always come in last, and I think this is a good example of that. I agree that CW did a lot of work involving a lot of man hours which the 'owner' now greatly appreciates and is taking back over control of HIS web site, which is his right to do.

If this is the case, then I think that CW's reward for his humanitarian effort is all the thankfulness from people on this site who do recognize the effort he put into making it the best for English speaking only sausage makers.

With that said, I'd like to extend a personal note to CW. CW, I don't speak nor read Polish. Sir, you have opened up a whole new world to me that I would otherwise not have without your Herculean effort. For this I am truly grateful to you.

As someone once stated, no education is free. Payment is always made in one form or another such as money, skinned knuckles, purchasing the wrong part, breaking a new part on installation, etc. And yes, even non-compensation for service rendered, which is usually the first cousin to greed.

Perhaps this exercise has taught the following, entitlement only comes through a written agreement. Gratis is something freely given from the heart without expectation of payment. And this exercise has gained you a lot of web site design experience. So now, purchase a domain name and use your experience to build a web site that is equal, if not better than this one, one that you alone own and control.

CW, you've also learned an important point regarding human nature! If you really have the desire to teach, make sausage and share your life's experiences, you'll make your own site which will benefit sausage makers long after you're gone! As they say, once it's on the web, it's there forever!

Again, many thanks for your efforts.

Rick
grasshopper
Passionate
Passionate

Post by grasshopper » Mon Oct 13, 2014 15:40

So now, purchase a domain name and use your experience to build a web site that is equal, if not better than this one, one that you alone own and control.
Someone finally said it (rick) I am in for that and with all the gratis I can muster.

As a child and in trouble, trying to talk my way out of it. My father would say (It is what it is and words will not change the situation.) now tell me what happened.
Krakowska
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Krakowska » Mon Oct 13, 2014 23:06

Finally online, Read the thread and and publicly stating, Chuckwagon You Are The Man who made this site so interesting for me. Between the kind encouragement and friendly nature you "schooled me" in the art of sausage making, I considered you one hell of a personal friendly man. Never ONCE did you ever belittle me or make me look like I do do not belong among the "elite." I HAVE been "corrected" and made look like "a rookie who does not know his place" Oh yeah, My impression was "Fall in line Jr." Attitudes like that would have never made this site so popular, and that type of leadership will be a slide downhill.
Fred T Sztukowski, in country 67/70 Got Your Back Chuckwagon, I would be in a foxhole with You anytime, anywhere My Friend !!!!!
Keep them safe until they all come home.
atcNick
Passionate
Passionate

Post by atcNick » Fri Oct 24, 2014 05:20

Hmmm...interesting read. I've seen less drama in a room full of teenage girls. :roll: :roll:
-Nick
Custom R&O Smoker
Cedar Smokehouse
Weber Performer
Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle
Weber 18" WSM
Weber Smokey Joe
Lang 84 Deluxe w/chargriller SOLD
Cinder Block Smokehouse RETIRED
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Sat Oct 25, 2014 05:32

DELETED

Malicious post

Redzed
Last edited by sawhorseray on Sat Oct 25, 2014 09:08, edited 2 times in total.