"Disclaimer Container" - Where Did My Post Go?

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Krakowska
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Krakowska » Wed Aug 27, 2014 15:02

Way to go Jan!!! Just have him banned. It can be done. Just too much to loose for this forum to wither away. A really interesting hobby and the intrigue of getting information from all over the world. Let's go Vtec, saddle up and straighten this out NOW!
Fred
Keep them safe until they all come home.
Thewitt
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Thewitt » Wed Aug 27, 2014 16:23

Well said Jan

Let's move on.... Nuf said
HamnCheese
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by HamnCheese » Wed Aug 27, 2014 16:29

Just tried the "Ignore" button and, hey presto! The postings of that person have disappeared from my screen.

Just sayin'.......

Lynn
Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art.
Stanislaw Lec
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Aug 27, 2014 22:07

Hey wranglers, don't worry about any "bacon" nonsense. He is like someone passing bad gas in church! All you have to do is hold your breath for a minute and it passes. He is a troublemaker and always has been. I would just hate to be that full of discontent and anger to the point where it affected my social behavior. Ignore the troublemaker - he is nothing.

Redzed wrote:
As I already posted earlier, I never asked to be "a moderator" and heaven forbid, aspired to be the "Lead" moderator. I have always been a team player and it appears that that concept is quite foreign here.
Chris, I respect and appreciate you very much. However, I have worked too hard to establish WD (English-speaking) to become subordinate or an assistant to another moderator. I hope the other members can see my point. As soon as this matter is cleared up, I would be happy to resume as "Lead" moderator of the English-speaking division, and get this ball rolling again.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Wed Aug 27, 2014 22:47

Wow CW your ego is HUGE.

I doubt at this juncture many members can see your "point"

You may have been better off establishing and ruling your own forum.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Wed Aug 27, 2014 22:55

BobK are you any kin to godspeedBob?
Ross- tightwad home cook
cogboy
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by cogboy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 22:55

CW, I agree with you wholeheartedly BUT I don't believe it was anyones intent to replace you but to replace other moderators who were absent with Redzed. Dave
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Wed Aug 27, 2014 23:00

Ross-
I greatly respect CW's knowledge and time/effort put into making this forum as good as it is.

But to answer you question. No
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Aug 27, 2014 23:33

BobK, you wrote:
Wow CW your ego is HUGE. I doubt at this juncture many members can see your "point". You may have been better off establishing and ruling your own forum.
It has nothing to do with ego BobK. Let me ask you a question. If you had spent years, hours and hours each day - every day- to build something... would you just hand it over when someone had a whim to change or inherit it? I don`t think so pal.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Thu Aug 28, 2014 00:25

Bob K wrote:Wow CW your ego is HUGE. I doubt at this juncture many members can see your "point" You may have been better off establishing and ruling your own forum.
I've been watching with interest. I can see CW's point, I'd have to be blind not to. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
grasshopper
Passionate
Passionate

Post by grasshopper » Thu Aug 28, 2014 02:12

If you had spent years, hours and hours each day - every day- to build something... would you just hand it over when someone had a whim to change or inherit it? I don`t think so pal.
I never seen an ego, only a helpful hand. Maxell/Vtec just get it DONE
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Aug 28, 2014 03:03

BobK,
Basic sociological definition reveals that in any type of group, there must be a single sheriff with numerous deputies. That`s why we have a "head" nurse in a hospital, a "foreman" in the machine shop, a "crew chief" on the power company`s repair crew. Can you imagine two "head nurses" trying to make a decision? Whew :roll: Or how about two "foremen" on a job? Sheeyuks, half the men would follow one, and half would follow the other. No work would get done, and pretty soon they would all be at each other`s throats. Two or three "chiefs" on the power company`s crew would be... uhhh.... shocking! :roll:
One person must take the lead. Four or five moderators are just going to bandy and bicker over issues and in many cases, not even draw a conclusion. One of those moderators has to be the "senior" moderator responsible for being the one who makes the final decisions. The buck must stop somewhere. Someone has to have the final "say".

Over the years, I had to kick a few guys off the site. It wasn't easy. It wasn't pleasant. But it had to be done and I got the job done as fairly as possible. You'll never even realize how many spammers I take out (daily!). Then I take a boat-load of crap from hecklers like "bacon". Gosh, Bob... it's sooo much fun. But I get the job done. Then you say I have a HUGE ego. Well Bob, if I agreed with you, then we'd both be WRONG. So, let's just let it go.

After all my hard work of researching and organizing to keep us all on the same track, (safely in many cases), I am not about to just roll over and become subordinate or some kind of secondary adjuvant. Would you? Would you Bob? Now, tell me what this has to do with ego.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
snagman
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by snagman » Thu Aug 28, 2014 04:54

Bob K wrote:But to answer you question. No
That appears to be a porky Bob.

Don't speak for others when you write " I doubt at this juncture many members can see your "point". Perhaps you can't, many can.

My dictionary defines Respect as - " to hold in esteem or honour " apparently at odds with yours.
Krakowska
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Krakowska » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:05

Don't speak for others when you write " I doubt at this juncture many members can see your "point". Perhaps you can't, many can.
You got that right snagman. Is there anyone from the Eastern Front reading this and see who the instigators are? :?: Superb job Chuckwagon, we got your back.
Fred
Keep them safe until they all come home.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Thu Aug 28, 2014 14:03

Let's get back to making sausage and other good food. Life always returns to some semblance of normal after a storm. There is always some damage to be repaired and some debris that must be disposed of in a proper manner.
Ross- tightwad home cook