"Disclaimer Container" - Where Did My Post Go?

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Shuswap
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Shuswap » Thu Aug 31, 2017 15:14

Brican wrote: "But clearly someone that did not know what he was on about at times ;)"

Geez Robert leave it alone
Phil
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Mon Jan 22, 2018 00:39

Ya know what call me old fashion or whatever else you want.

I learned from an off the boat Italian on who taught me how to make dry cured sausage, cappicola, soppressota, and proscutto ( I can't spell ), the old fashion way.

It has been hard for me, to change, but I do understand the inportance of some things like cure #1 & #2 and bac600.
Otherthen that, I just don't get it, what is up with all these additives?

When I learned to make sausage and/or the other meats, I learned to use salt and salt only and that stuff was the best ever.

Today I will use the cures #1 or #2, as well as the bac 600, and besides that I just don't get it.

I feel the industry has built this up to be a money maker for them, selling us all kinds of stuff for making sausage, just like the commercial companies do, why all we need is salt & maybe the cures for safety.

I just made a batch of sausage to dry in my chamber, I used salt, and half the cure needed.

I just tasted it today, the best I ever made, much like my father in-law made.

I just don't get it?
StefanS
Passionate
Passionate

Post by StefanS » Mon Jan 22, 2018 01:06

Kijek wrote:Ya know what call me old fashion or whatever else you want.

I learned from an off the boat Italian on who taught me how to make dry cured sausage, cappicola, soppressota, and proscutto ( I can't spell ), the old fashion way.

It has been hard for me, to change, but I do understand the inportance of some things like cure #1 & #2 and bac600.
Otherthen that, I just don't get it, what is up with all these additives?

When I learned to make sausage and/or the other meats, I learned to use salt and salt only and that stuff was the best ever.

Today I will use the cures #1 or #2, as well as the bac 600, and besides that I just don't get it.

I feel the industry has built this up to be a money maker for them, selling us all kinds of stuff for making sausage, just like the commercial companies do, why all we need is salt & maybe the cures for safety.

I just made a batch of sausage to dry in my chamber, I used salt, and half the cure needed.

I just tasted it today, the best I ever made, much like my father in-law made.

I just don't get it?
yup.... before we were using horses and carriages but now we are using nice computerized cars just one example -
but think about cellphones, computers etc. :idea:
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Mon Jan 22, 2018 01:07

Stefans, I read the thread, it does not justify all this stuff we put into our product, what maybe only to speed up the process.

I just don't get it, and I'm finally coming out of the closet on this subject and will stand firm.

I do not see the need for all this stuff, I've tried to understand, but it's just not working.

I guess I'm gonna be one of those old stubborn farts in here that can't see the light.

And I'm only 57 & 1/2 :grin:
Laftpig
User
User

Post by Laftpig » Mon Jan 22, 2018 01:16

Kijek

Really? You`ve got to be kidding right? You have no comprehension about safety. You post incessantly but in most cases haven`t a clue what this hobby is about. Your comments show your ignorance about the subject. Your right you don`t get it.
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Mon Jan 22, 2018 01:33

Oh relax, your right, I don't know much, I only know what I was taught by my father in-law, that's it.

I've tried to study up on things, and "YES" I get the safety thing, I went to culinary school for 3 years.

However, in the past they only used salt and till this day "only" salt is still a practice. But we do now use the "CURES", which I'm all for, after that I just don't get it.

Is it because of the additive, your trying to achieve, or develop some special?
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Mon Jan 22, 2018 02:12

Oh yah and cell phones and computers have done so much to improve this world.

I bet you both believe in globe warming and the lockness monster too.

Talk about ignorance, your bother probably just about 18 years old, because you know nothing about the way things were done back in the good ol'days.

You know very little. A H
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Mon Feb 19, 2018 16:53

Oh no I got the book, but me being Polish, I figured I didn't have to read every page. :oops:

I like and can see the advantages of using a separate box and/or chamber for fermentation.

Bob K

Post by Bob K » Mon Feb 19, 2018 17:03

" if you had purchased the book The Art of Making Fermented sausage like you were going too...:

Ah details.....Wrong book!

https://www.amazon.com/The-Art-Making-F ... KWAKIZOORM[/u]
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Mon Feb 19, 2018 17:11

Ooo Boy!
Going on Amazon now, geezzzz what's wrong with me these days. :???:

UPDATE: The book will be here Thursday and one good thing about Amazon, once you purchase the book for delivery, you can immediately start reading the book on line through "Kindle"

I'm already reading, be back soon. Thanks BobK
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Thu Feb 22, 2018 01:58

Snow and sleet tomorrow. Welcome to New England!
Can't wait to leave, thank you Malloy, who I know personally, A Hole!

it was a brisk 84F here in Florida
I'll be heading your way soon, just waiting for my wife to retire, thinking on the Naples area