"Disclaimer Container" - Where Did My Post Go?

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
spud
User
User

Post by spud » Sat Aug 23, 2014 01:50

One word - DISAPPOINTED.

Lost for words
What are we doing here people, as spoken by
All those hours of great tutorials and words of wisdom you given to us all. I truly thank from the bottom of my heart.
Didn't think it was broken as stated previously, Chained yanked, pissed someone off don't know, just think its a disappointing out come for the Sausage World and for me.....

Barry pls don't leave us.
Your posts will be looked for and please the gods that you will be allowed to continue your great work with the "projects"

Final word Bazza, maybe you weren't cut from the same cloth.. U know what I mean.

I too wish RedZed best of luck.

Sad - Spud in OZ.
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Sat Aug 23, 2014 02:43

I've got a lot of shortcomings, as my wife is always ready to point out, but the opinion of old friends and family is that I truly excel at being loyal. I feel it's now time to say goodbye to this site. CW has meant the world to me and my family, I've learned a ton, my wife even refers to him by his handle and she's never been on the site. I've never met CW eye to eye yet I consider him a friend, and yes, I do hope to look him up when Mrs G and I take off for our planned trip around this great country. I truly thank CW and Ross for all they've taught me, and I hope for the good health of both of them, and especially Nancy, Ross' wife. I'll fly to where the smokers are made in Buffalo, might find the Wagon, maybe even a duck. I wish Chris the best of good fortune being moderator, and there's too many folks to list that I will miss, but I believe this stinks, so I'm out. :sad: RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Sat Aug 23, 2014 02:47

...uh, guys...???? HEY!

I was only kidding when I wrote that stupid "WD Website Sold in Surprise Move" post. Honest. :oops: ...and all those times we were supposedly feuding? Naaaah! ...fakes, pratfalls, all of 'em. (Except for... well...)

If it's time for a changing of the guard, so be it. Others have spoken.

...tell you what, though- - It's the best that someone in a leadership position such as WD Moderator can ever hope to achieve, going out on a high note the way CW is doing. We all applaud him, "wish him well in his endeavors..."

Aw, hell, what we really wish is that he would stay around.

Hey, "Powers that Be," how about retaining CW as "Moderator Emeritus" with a column of his own? I, and many like me on this website, enjoy his advice and thank him for gently educating us in the subtle ways of avoiding almost certain bacterial death. (Translation: not killing our damn selves by making stupid mistakes.)

So, let this be the official start of the "Bring Back Barry" campaign. In one form or another, even if just as a guest columnist, he brings far greater value to this website than any other ten users out there, and I would hate it if I didn't have his advice.

In his own immortal words, "OOOOOooooooo, dang rabid [those who choose moderators]!Image
Duk
:cry:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Cabonaia
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Post by Cabonaia » Sat Aug 23, 2014 02:50

Mr. Wagon sir I hold you personally responsible for my addiction to sausage making. This is true - I brought my failures to this forum as a complete stranger and you welcomed me and explained what I was doing wrong and encouraged me to stay at it. I don't know how many times you have answered my questions, whether directly or through someone else. I got scolded a few times too. :shock: I want to assure you that I am still messing up as often as not and Your Job is Not Finished.

So yeah, Chris is far beyond me and most of us, and we can learn plenty from him, and he's got a good head on his shoulders. But this is hard. It's not all about learning anyway - thanks to you this forum has become a community with its own offbeat brand -- charcuterie for cowpokes. It's quite unique, and is your achievement. I do hope you don't go away. If I think you are lurking I'll just claim that it's perfectly fine to smoke without cure #1, and if you don't pop up with stern warnings and the science to back you up, I'll call 911.

Thank you again.

Jeff
Shuswap
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Shuswap » Sat Aug 23, 2014 03:13

Duk, so glad you came in - yes, we need Barry's contributions. Let's hope Chris can see the need to have Barry's extensive knowledge shared with us. Let's put the ego aside and remember what the objective is. I have every confidence in Chris but that doesn't mean he or any one else can educate like CW does. I am very disappointed in Ray's withdrawal from the forum. Keep it up and the sasauge making forum will take over. :sad:
grasshopper
Passionate
Passionate

Post by grasshopper » Sat Aug 23, 2014 04:14

This forum is corporate sponsored. When people check in and find CW not there. I would think they will lose interest and not be back. I am like Ray, I am going back to SMF most of the time. Only to come back for CW recipes in Hyde park. Not clicking on the sponsors link. Maybe only to me but this forum has been leaning toward dry cured way to much and will include only a few people. Sponsors will love that. CW my Father told me, that in a lifetime you can count your true friends on one hand and have fingers leftover. Barry you are surely one of them.

One question how did redzed (Chris) get this job. Did he campaign or send a resume.? Something is not right here and smells like bacteria.
redzed

Post by redzed » Sat Aug 23, 2014 04:36

People! People! I had nothing to do with this whole thing! A sent a PM to a few of you with an explanation. I turned on the computer at a McDonalds in my parents home town and all of a sudden I am "the moderator" something I never asked for or aspired to. It is all a huge misunderstanding between Maxell, Vtec and CW.

I hope that the whole thing will be resolved soon. There was never any intention to "fire" CW and replace him by me. He is certainly irreplacable and I am one his most ardent supporters! Something was lost in translation!
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Sat Aug 23, 2014 06:48

Nice to hear Chris, I angrily answered your PM before reading this. I respect and like you but if all this is true, and CW was blind-sided and never saw this coming, how could these folks be so dammed stupid? Most all of us don't speak Polish, but each and every one of us owes a debt to CW, including yourself. This whole affair just stinks and I have a very difficult time trying to reason why it ever occurred in the first place." Disappointed" doesn't begin to explain the feeling here, in my home CW is dammed near a family name beyond reproach and demanding the utmost respect. I hate this and think the entire affair just plain stinks. I'll be waiting to see how things shake down, but all this is just a dammed shame. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
Thewitt
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Thewitt » Sat Aug 23, 2014 07:33

Are we all over-reacting here?

The way I read the message sent to CW, it did not say he was going to be replaced, just that he was to train someone in how to be a moderator...

I've served as a moderator on several forums, and we rarely had only one. There were nearly always several moderators active at any one time, and having them in different time zones with different forum access patterns was one of the keys.
Cabonaia
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Post by Cabonaia » Sat Aug 23, 2014 08:04

Could be could be. If such is the case, at least we were all given a good opportunity to tell Chuckwagon how much we appreciate him. :cool:
spud
User
User

Post by spud » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:08

I stand with you Ray.
In my world if it smells of fish,,,, its fish.
We support those that do the hard yards, say no more.

All the chat here means didly squat, what do you think CW is feeling, guessing his biggest concern is for those that he hasn't finished training - sign of the real man that he is.

Ray let me know where we are going next..

:cry: from the other side of the world - a very pissed off player

Spud.
sambal badjak
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by sambal badjak » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:40

I am still fairly new to this forum, but have so far thoroughly appreciated CW's and everyone else's input.
I learned a lot!

I do think we should listen to Redzed who states that
"It is all a huge misunderstanding between Maxell, Vtec and CW"

Let's hope that these guys can resolve the issue and in the meantime we should keep our cool a bit.

CW: thanks for taking us beginners by the hand!
life is too short to drink bad wine (anonymus)
nuynai
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nuynai » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:57

CW, you'll truly be missed. Your explanations based on scientific facts, not old wives tale have saved many of us from extended stays in hospitals or worst. At the very least, the members of this forum have expressed how much you're truly appreciated and loved. Maxwell reads this forum and hopefully the people on the other side of the pond will correct this error. If it ain't broken, don't try to fix it.
two_MN_kids
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by two_MN_kids » Sat Aug 23, 2014 16:10

I spent over forty years serving my country in the U.S. Air Force. If there is one thing I learned in all that time is to ignore rumors. Rumors are nothing more than unsubstantiated gossip, fueled by fear and concern. We, as observers can only wait to see the intentions of the webmaster, and then determine our best course of action. The only fact we have is that Chris is now a moderator.

From the very first reading of this thread I had hoped it was all a big misunderstanding. This forum has had multiple moderators for as long as I have been a member, but rarely did anyone other than CW ever comment.

Having heard from both Chuckwagon and redzed I now truly believe that is the case. Both men have my respect and admiration, and each has eagerly shared their helpful guidance with this sausagemaker wannabe! Jean and I look forward to continued input from both of them.

Jim and Jean
Last edited by two_MN_kids on Sat Aug 23, 2014 16:15, edited 1 time in total.
Janlab
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Janlab » Sat Aug 23, 2014 16:13

I agree with SB, just keep the kool, it will be resolved. A lot of forums have multiple moderators, each bringing their own expertise, so having Red up there can only be good.
I am sure CW will be here for a long time, as a moderator, to keep us all on the right side of the "cures". He has so much to offer!
Jan L