Refuse Corner & Debris Receptacle

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Shuswap
Passionate
Passionate

B2

Post by Shuswap » Thu Oct 03, 2013 19:47

I'm signed on but I'm a little nervouse about expectations by CW and others. We are seniors feeding ourselves and occasionally guests. I'm aware of the 3 month time line for keeping frozen sausages and am hoping to keep control of my production accordingly.
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

The Project

Post by crustyo44 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 21:59

Shuswap,
I don't know why you worry about it all. Relax man, we are all learners here, I have been making and smoking sausages for many years and I still stuff up sometimes but I also make some great fresh and smoked sausages, appreciated by all, especially the grandkids.
Just ask questions when you are stuck, everybody will admire you for it.
We all ask questions!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers and Good Luck,
Jan.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Oct 04, 2013 00:46

Thanks Grasshopper. I admire your experience. Glad to have you with us on this project.
Hey, hey, I`ll be darned... we`ve got our ol` pals Jim and Jean (2mnkids) with us this time. Welcome aboard kids!
And Cabonaia is joining us along with Shuswap. Welcome aboard fellas!
Hey Shuswap, QUIT WORRYING. Just do what you can... when you are able. This forum is YOUR forum. We`ll have you read a little and give you a chance to take a quick "check up" that you grade yourself. No one will see your answers but you. Lots of folks like to discuss their quiz mistakes to clarify a certain point. Or, you can always email me to give you a private answer. That way, you will know how you are doing. If we are moving too quickly or too slowly, we`ll pull back on the raines and adjust the speed of the hoss! We know many folks are on a fixed income and many have time restrictions also. We understand that, believe me. Just simply adjust the material to fit your own schedule and budget. So glean what you can from the project and take it at your own pace. Please be active by posting questions and showing us your "bragging rights" when you`ve made a great sausage. We love the photos. Please don`t think that I expect anything except that you must have fun as you learn some new things. I`m always here to help you and give you a hand. I certainly don`t know it all, but I do make a hellofa good sourdough biscuit! :wink:
And Crusty ol' mate... I appreciate your remarks, you ol' salty dog you! :mrgreen:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
markjass
Passionate
Passionate

Post by markjass » Fri Oct 04, 2013 01:14

From my point of view the sooner we start the sooner we learn new skills and try new goodies

Mark
Do no harm. Margerine is the biggest food crime
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Oct 04, 2013 01:30

Update: 10/3/13 Those signing in so far are:

1. ssorllih
2. El DuckO
3. Sambal Badjak
4. AJWillsnet
5. Grasshopper
6. Tasplas
7. Redzed
8. Crusty44
9. Hamn'Cheese
10. DDWaterdog
11. SAR
12. M.D.Flan
13. Shuswap
14. MRMatuszek
15. Sawhorseray
16. Ursula
17. Markjass
18. two_MN_kids
19. Cabonaia
20. Pignout
21. TruckTramp
Last edited by Chuckwagon on Mon Oct 07, 2013 00:07, edited 2 times in total.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Re: B2

Post by sawhorseray » Fri Oct 04, 2013 21:19

Shuswap wrote:I'm signed on but I'm a little nervouse about expectations by CW and others. We are seniors feeding ourselves and occasionally guests. I'm aware of the 3 month time line for keeping frozen sausages and am hoping to keep control of my production accordingly.
I think that three month timeline is a thing of the past with the vacuum sealers that are available these days. We just gobbled down a pack of chicken sausage I made on March 26 of this year, perfect flavor and texture.

Heck, there's nothin' to be nervous about! We aren't punching a clock, ain't gettin' paid, ain't gonna get fired. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
pignout
Beginner
Beginner

Post by pignout » Fri Oct 04, 2013 22:28

love to join you for b2
markjass
Passionate
Passionate

Post by markjass » Sat Oct 05, 2013 01:43

Well into spring here. I have broken out the sshorts today. Any idea of a start date as I am itching to get going?

Mark
Do no harm. Margerine is the biggest food crime
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Sat Oct 05, 2013 03:18

markjass wrote:Any idea of a start date as I am itching to get going?
Chuckwagon seems to have shown his hand a bit early. Check out the "Outlaw Onion Sausage" at http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?p=22117.
For some reason, antacid isn't one of the ingredients, but it looks real good.
:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Shuswap
Passionate
Passionate

Re: B2

Post by Shuswap » Sat Oct 05, 2013 14:11

sawhorseray wrote:I think that three month timeline is a thing of the past with the vacuum sealers that are available these days. We just gobbled down a pack of chicken sausage I made on March 26 of this year, perfect flavor and texture.
I'm looking into vacuum packing but the downside for me would be making too much product as I tend to overdo my hobbies. In a way the 3 month rule helps keep my enthusiasm and weight under control.
trucktramp
Beginner
Beginner

Post by trucktramp » Sun Oct 06, 2013 17:22

Consider me in too. I missed out on the first Project B so I am interested in part 2. Fall is rapidly approaching along with cold weather and I'm getting the urge to make some tasty sausage again. I can't wait nor can those that will get to sample the fruits of my labors.
I believe in moderation in everything...including moderation
grasshopper
Passionate
Passionate

Post by grasshopper » Sun Oct 06, 2013 21:11

I made outlaw onion sausage for breakfast. It turned out GREAT to me. My family and grandchildren liked it also. The onion is not overbearing. There was a suggestion to put it in tomato pasta sauce. CW also suggested it. I have some left over from the 2.2 lb and maybe it will go there. If I don't eat it first.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Oct 07, 2013 00:06

Way to go Mike! Can you see what a little thyme does to pork? If you add thyme to what the Chinese call "yin and yang" (sweet and sour) opposites, then you'd better watch out! It makes the best pork seasoning ever. That's why some folks in South Carolina add mustard powder to vinegar and brown sugar. What a combination! It's magic!
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Oct 07, 2013 00:08

You're in TruckTramp! And welcome aboard! We're glad to have you with us. We'll start in a couple of days!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Mon Oct 07, 2013 02:59

There'll be two divisions: one for Ross (requires hand-cranked equipment only) and one for the rest of us wimps. We'll call ours "Project B+" and we'll call his "B-" (but don't let it hurt your self-esteem, Ol' Buddy.).

I'm readying my turbo-boosted, hydraulically activated, titanium-coated, plasma-enabled, force-field-contained, ultra-violet-sanitized, irrationally irradiated, cyber-centered sintered, onion-chucking, garlic-grinding, pork packing equipment even as we speak.

I've been busy honing and tuning it in my secret basement laboratory, bwahaha, since the first "Project B," and boy! did I learn a lot this last time. Imagine- - from caulk-gun-powered stuffer to laser guided vertical five-pound cannon in only a few months! (Jeez- seems like over a year.)

So bring on that raw materials list when you can, Big Dewd, before we run out of onions! (...no pressure, of course.)
:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.