Another Project

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Another Project

Post by sawhorseray » Wed Nov 07, 2012 23:57

About four years back we decided that the hot-tub in the back yard didn't get the use required to make paying for the electricity to heat it worthwhile. After ignoring it for so long when I finally got around to checking things out it appeared a family of rodents had moved in and begun to propogate. Once the boss saw all the rat poop and chewed insulation there was no question as to a course of action, get rid of it right now. I took to the hot-tub with a sawzall and bi-metal blades, all the time wearing a hazmat mask to avoid the dust, and possible exposure to Hanta virus.

After a couple of days of turning it into man-sized pieces it was stacked in the front and ready for the dumps.

Some winter courtyard tidy added to the pile and all of a sudden I was looking at a half dozen trips at a cost of about $40 a pop, dump fees and gas.

For a extra $20 I had a debris box delivered to my house and didn't have to pick all that stuff up into the back of the truck, or climb in and out of the bed to empty it. I just dragged it all piece by piece into the box until it was all I had to dump, now they are coming to pick it up.

The boss was so happy with all that new space she had me go get a ton of prefabricated brick to make a fire-pit right where the hot-tub used to be!

All I have to do now is get the fire-pit assembled before we go to Mexico for Xmas. I've got a little bit to rest my aching back and old body. I think she might be trying to kill me. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
HamnCheese
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by HamnCheese » Thu Nov 08, 2012 01:04

I SWEAR that I thought this was going to be "How I turned my hot tub into a fermentation chamber." I'm laughing out loud at myself. However, given the absolute genius that shows up on this site, a little surprised that I was wrong!!

Glad to hear that it went so well.

Lynn
Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art.
Stanislaw Lec
redzed

Post by redzed » Thu Nov 08, 2012 01:11

HamnCheese wrote:I SWEAR that I thought this was going to be "How I turned my hot tub into a fermentation chamber." I'm laughing out loud at myself. However, given the absolute genius that shows up on this site, a little surprised that I was wrong!!
That kinda crossed my mind too, but where will Ray poach his sausages now?