Dogs Are Just Furry Kids!

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Fri May 10, 2013 06:42

ssorllih wrote:Ray just for the sake of knowing do you check the salinity of your brine?
Nope, I have faith in what I've learned and what's been given to me on this site

I found out today my beloved Booboo dog has cancer, and that my vet chopped out as much as possible, she could be good for seven months, or seven years, there are no bets. I've always believed if there were a Supreme Being of any kind that I'd galdly suffer for my rotten sins in exchange for forgiveness to my beloved dogs. I don't believe in shit right now, but I think I'll just go cuddle with my crying wife and wagging puppy who's wearing the lampshade. Bad day, I hate evrything right now. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
ursula
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ursula » Fri May 10, 2013 09:22

Poor Ray,
I'm so very sorry. Dogs are part of the family, and it hurts when they are sick. My beautiful dog Smokey, a German shepherd, was shot when I was in Egypt for three months. I cried for weeks when I found out. They are such a special part of your life. I feel for you. I hope they will be okay. I send you warm and positive thoughts.
Ursula
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri May 10, 2013 12:33

Ray, my friend... I am heartbroken to hear this bad news. I wish I could take some of the hurt for you buddy. But it doesn't work that way. I DO know something that may comfort you a bit and if you've ever trusted me, trust me in saying I know that when the time comes and Booboo passes, you will see him again.
All my life, I've raised Shetland Sheepdogs (Shelties) in pairs. Always chose siblings from the same litter and they became family. One of the most incredible things I've ever seen is how they get to the other side of a corral full of cows. A Sheltie doesn't take the time to go around the corral... he goes OVER the corral. The Sheltie will get a run at it and bound to the top rung then spring with those powerful back legs to the back of a cow. Next, the momentum is kept up and he'll spring to the back of another cow. Finally, with the last push from yet another cow's back, he'll hit the top rung of the corral on the far side before he bounds to the ground right side up as if all this action was just another part of a routine day.
I've lost many over the years - all of old age. Two of them I had to have the veterinarian put down. They are truly man's best friend and when they fulfill their purpose in their mortal probation, they are called home. Same with us pal. But Ray, I absolutely know that we'll see them again. Never doubt it my friend. It's true.
One of my dearest friends died today. He was 95 years old. The loss cuts my heart like a knife. Yet I know we will meet again.
My thoughts and prayers are with you my friend. May you find comfort in knowing that Booboo has passed his mortal probation with flying colors! He is your buddy! :wink:

Your pal,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Fri May 10, 2013 14:18

Ray I am so sorry to learn this. I have to agree with Chuckwagon. Dogs are just furry kids but better because they never think you are nuts.
Ross- tightwad home cook
grasshopper
Passionate
Passionate

Post by grasshopper » Fri May 10, 2013 15:56

Ray please go for the 7 yrs in your mind. We have golden retrievers and they are the poster child of cancer so we have lost a few to the dreadful disease. Gods forgiveness is shown to us in the dog. He doesn't care what you look like or smell like and will always forgive you NO MATTER WHAT. Put your wife and dog in the trunk on a 90 deg day, drive around for awhile. Open it and see who is glad to see you and forgives you. When you love you are going to hurt BIG TIME. ( been there) When I was young I had a horse named Gal, pulled from the Pryor mountains. Never had contact with man. She became my best friend and maybe I didn't treat her right all the time. Which haunts me some times. So I tell my 5 boys, don't cry for me as when I get there I will find Gal and ride over and see my Dad. I do believe they will all be there. The hurt sure takes the starch out of a person so I will say a prayer for you and your dog.
Blackriver
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Blackriver » Sun May 12, 2013 04:00

Ray I am so sorry to hear about this.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun May 12, 2013 07:19

Reasons to have a dog rather than a wife:

Dogs don't cry and they love it when your friends come over. They don't care if you use their shampoo and they think you sing great. A dog's time in the bathroom is confined to a quick drink.
Dogs don't expect you to call when you are running late, and in fact, the later you are, the more excited they are to see you! And dogs will forgive you for playing with other dogs and they don't even notice if you call them by another dog's name.
Dogs are excited by rough play and they love red meat. Heck, they don't even mind if you give their offspring away. Dogs like it when you leave lots of things on the floor, and dogs can appreciate excessive body hair. Dogs don't hate their bodies, and they never criticize.
Anyone can get a good-looking dog and if a dog is gorgeous, other dogs don't hate it. And they don`t shop! Dogs don't shop! And their parents never visit. A dog's disposition stays the same all month long and they never have to examine the relationship. And did I mention... dogs don`t shop? Yeah, and dogs like beer too! What`s more is no dog ever put on 100 pounds after reaching adulthood and they agree that you have to raise your voice to get your point across! Dogs never expect gifts and they don`t shop! :cool:
It's legal to keep a dog chained up at your house and they don't want to know about every other dog you ever had! And dogs like to do their snooping outside, as opposed to in your wallet, desk, and the back of your sock drawer. Dogs don't worry about germs and they don't let magazine articles guide their lives. And you never have to wait for a dog; they're ready to go 24 hours a day. They have no use for flowers, cards, or jewelry, and they don't borrow your shirts. They never want foot-rubs and they even find you amusing when you're drunk. Dogs enjoy heavy petting in public, they aren`t catty, and they can`t talk. Oh, and did I mention... dogs don`t shop? :mrgreen:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
redzed

Post by redzed » Sun May 12, 2013 14:41

:lol: :lol: :lol: And you forgot to mention euthanasia. :wink:
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Mon May 13, 2013 17:38

Thanks for your thoughts. My vet stopped by after his work day to assure my wife and I that this isn't the end. He stated that if the Boo had to have a cancer this would be the most favorable as it didn't spread to the liver, kidneys, or brain. The bad part is that she's pre-disposed to it which he said in all likelyhood would mean another occurance. We'll just keep our eye on things, the Boo's been pretty darned happy wearing the lampshade indoors for the last six days. Of course my vet left with a smoked pork loin and some sausage. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
grasshopper
Passionate
Passionate

Post by grasshopper » Tue May 14, 2013 00:38

Super! great news to hear
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue May 14, 2013 02:58

Yeah, but does Boo get part of a pork loin too?