Crazy week and a half

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
markjass
Passionate
Passionate

Crazy week and a half

Post by markjass » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:50

This afternoon a colleague of mine said she followed me up the corridor this morning. She did not want to interrupt me as she was enjoying my almost skip, however she could not make out what I was singing. She said that it was fantastic to see me back towards my old self after my trials and tribulations of the past few years.

Well lets go back 10 days. I have been in a job for many a year. I felt that I have become type cast. For a long time it has been time for me to change. With the earthquake and my split, life has not been great. I have been job hunting for almost a year. About 10 days ago I decided to take the bull by the horns. I went to see a manager in a department that I wanted a job in. I told her that I wanted a job in her her department and asked her what characteristics that she was looking for. It turned out that she was looking for someone. The job was advertised online about 8 days ago. I had an interview last monday and yesterday I was offered the job.

So I have a new job (on same pay and conditions which is irrelevant to me but, it will broaden my work experience which is important to me), the rebuild process has started to move quicker than a constipated giant tortoise. The fire in my belly that had almost gone out is roaring again (true my inner passion for life had began to return over the last 6 months). I have decided to go back to Europe (I am English) for two months next year (my new boss is aware), and then, probably late next year maybe early 2016 I am going to Australia for a year's work (I will rent out my house). Have yet to make my mind up where. Life is strange. How things can change.
Do no harm. Margerine is the biggest food crime