9 weeks away

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
markjass
Passionate
Passionate

9 weeks away

Post by markjass » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:34

Have just booked a 9 week trip away. Most things are sorted. I am going back to England for my fathers 80th in July. This trip includes two weeks in Morocco and 12 days in Poland (never been there).

I am going to visit two areas of England (lived there until I was 27) that I did not go to. One is Iron Bridge. That is named after the first Iron Bridge that was ever built. In the valley there are 10 museums and it could be argued that this area was part of the birth of the industrial Revolution. The other area is Northumberland. This county is Englands least most populated area. Has an amazing coastline and moorlands. It is known for Lindisfarne a tidal island off the coast which has had a monastery (rebuilt over time) since the 6th century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindisfarne

Hardrians Wall also run's through the county. Hadrian's Wall was a defensive fortification in Roman Britain, begun in AD 122 during the rule of emperor Hadrian. It is 80 Roman miles or 117.5 km (73.0 mi) long. In addition to its military role, gates through the wall served as customs posts. A significant portion of the wall still exists and can be followed on foot along the Hadrian's Wall Path. It is the most popular tourist attraction in Northern England and was made a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1987.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadrian%27s_Wall

I was hoping that my house would be rebuilt before I go away (damaged in the Christchurch shake). I am waiting for a start date. As soon as I get a start date I will have to find a rental place. I will give this place up while I am away. Before I go away I will jack up some more temporary accommodation to return to until my house is finished. Since the shake the price of rental accommodation has gone up in a 'criminal way' and I will not pay (not me but my insurance company) these rip off prices for 9 weeks of not using them.
Do no harm. Margerine is the biggest food crime
redzed

Post by redzed » Thu Jan 08, 2015 17:40

Hey Mark that sounds like a great sentimental trip that should be good for the soul! There is always something special in going back to the place that you came from. Mixed feelings seem to come out, joy, regrets and even guilt feelings that we left. But it's all good, as it's a form of reconcilliation with who we are.

And it's great that you are going to visit Poland. You will be treated very well and taste some great sausages.