43rd aniversary

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
DLFL
Passionate
Passionate

43rd aniversary

Post by DLFL » Sun Apr 26, 2015 23:43

Tonight we celebrated Brenda's birthday and our 43rd anniversary with an exceptional dinner. Most of it came from the " Straw Stick & Brick -Delicatessen. Carolina and Jason really out did them selves to insure it was a unique and wonderful dinner.

On the menu was :
P`tit Basque cheese
Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
Romano cheese
Saucisson d` Alsace
Duck Prosciutto
Coppa
Fennel Salami
Spanish Sobrasada
Saucisson Sec
3 year old country ham
grapes
stone ground mustard
Hard rolls
Castello Banfi Chianti Classico Riserva 2010

Dick

Never quit learning!
redzed

Post by redzed » Mon Apr 27, 2015 06:03

Hey DFL, congrats on the anniversary! 43 is quite an achievement, an I bet you are thinking "it seem like it was only yesterday, and where did those years go?"

Any closeups of the salami and sausisson sec? I'd like to have better look at Jason's creations. Too bad they had to change the name of the store!
DLFL
Passionate
Passionate

Post by DLFL » Wed Apr 29, 2015 17:55

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Dick

Never quit learning!
redzed

Post by redzed » Thu Apr 30, 2015 07:47

That's nice looking stuff! I see that they like to finish the saucisson a little on the soft side but it probably tastes great. What really interests me is the sobrasada. Would love to have a taste! I have been reading Weiss' Charcuteria: The Soul of Spain and made three different dry cured chorizos according to the recipes in there, but for some reason I can't say I am enamoured by any of them. I still prefer the Italian flavours and to some extent the French. I guess it's something like my wine preferences. I think I can tell a good Merlot from a bad one, but in the end I still don't like Merlot.
DLFL
Passionate
Passionate

Post by DLFL » Thu Apr 30, 2015 14:11

Brenda and I really liked the Spanish Sobrasada. Almost a pate, it has great flavor. My wife does not like most salami's with the exception of pepperoni on pizza. The selection and quality was wonderful. All I asked Jason was that the duck prosciutto be included in the package. I told him what I wanted to spend on the products and let him put it together.
Dick

Never quit learning!