Long absence from forum

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
unclebuck
Frequent User
Frequent User

Long absence from forum

Post by unclebuck » Mon Feb 27, 2017 00:25

I have had a long absence from the forum, as my wife & I have been spending all of our time with our 38 yr. old daughter in her battle with metasticised breast cancer. Between the cancer hospital & her place, we have been busy. Being that she is single, her mother & I are providing her care. She is one very strong lady and I do not say that because she is my daughter. Very intelligent and hardworking before she came down with cancer.

Below are some of her thoughts. To read her blogs on the left, just click.

https://cancerears.wordpress.com/about/
"What can't be smoked can't be eaten."
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Mon Feb 27, 2017 01:57

Glad to see you back and I'm sorry for your trials. I'm not good with words when it comes to stuff like this but suffice it to say you all are in my thoughts and prayers.
redzed

Post by redzed » Mon Feb 27, 2017 15:40

Welcome back to the forum unclebuck. Great place to come and read about sausage making and take your mind off things that weigh heavy. Hope your daughter is victorious and continues to stay strong.
All the very best.
Chris
unclebuck
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by unclebuck » Wed Mar 01, 2017 06:30

I thank you for your kind thoughts & words. I take a great pleasure in this forum, and have put some of the recipes and methods gleaned from fellow member's experiences to good use. However, under the present circumstances, my sausage making has taken a back seat. I have referred this site to many beginning & would be sausage makers on other forums that I am a member of, to provide them with information from skilled & experienced individuals. All of them have been appreciative of the comprehensive information that has been made available, not only in the making of a multitude of sausages, but information pertaining to other subjects that are available on this site!!!
"What can't be smoked can't be eaten."