new to Vancouver Island

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
wkw
Beginner
Beginner

new to Vancouver Island

Post by wkw » Tue Mar 07, 2017 19:57

Sorry if this is not the appropriate forum for this posting. I am relocating from Alberta to Vancouver Island and am wondering if there are any forum members on the island that I might occasionally meet with to improve my charcuterie skills etc. I am relocating to the Cowichan Valley.

Thanks
Ken
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Tue Mar 07, 2017 20:18

You should be in luck Ken. Redzed is from that Island. I think a few others also.
unclebuck
Frequent User
Frequent User

Re: new to Vancouver Island

Post by unclebuck » Tue Mar 07, 2017 23:02

wkw wrote:Sorry if this is not the appropriate forum for this posting. I am relocating from Alberta to Vancouver Island and am wondering if there are any forum members on the island that I might occasionally meet with to improve my charcuterie skills etc. I am relocating to the Cowichan Valley.

Thanks
Ken
A chap by the name of "steelchef" used to be on here. He lives in Nanaimo. He has not been on the forum for probably 5 years, as he has been dealing with some very serious health issues. He was a fountain of knowledge when it came to sausage making besides knowing charcuterie inside out.

Did the Alberta political situation cause you to become a "refugee" seeking asylum in a safe place like BC? :lol: Where in Alberta are/were located. I am in Lac La Biche.
"What can't be smoked can't be eaten."
wkw
Beginner
Beginner

Post by wkw » Wed Mar 08, 2017 01:07

We are moving from the Drumheller area.
wkw
Beginner
Beginner

Post by wkw » Wed Mar 08, 2017 01:08

It is the employment thing that has us moving!
redzed

Post by redzed » Thu Mar 09, 2017 08:17

Hey Ken you are moving to paradise! Give me shout when you will be heading up island to Nanoose Bay. We can speak sausagese for hours. There is also Bert in Victoria who shows up here now and then, a fellow in Ladysmith, and another Chris in Errington. Maybe we will organize a sausage tasting event one of these days.
Chris
wkw
Beginner
Beginner

Post by wkw » Thu Mar 09, 2017 16:45

Thanks for the warm welcome Chris! Maybe I can get you to introduce me to some of the shellfish farmers, if you know any, up that way. I would be keenly interested in a get together.

Cheers
Ken