Posting photos for Crustyo44

Bubba
Passionate
Passionate

Posting photos for Crustyo44

Post by Bubba » Wed Feb 06, 2013 02:36

I have been absent from the forum for a while, anyone try moving the whole household twice in one year!
And happy to be back in South Carolina, I started a new job here last year; was sent to Italy for a while for some training and gathering information for a work project I have to do.
Internet from the hotel in Italy was very slow, work days were busy so I kept a low profile all round.
In between all that I have not been too active with sausage making and ham curing, but now that I'm unpacked and back in the Carolinas I will get back to my hobby.
will post more from myself over the next few days.

My friend Crustyo44 (aka Jan) from Downunder asked me to post some photos on his behalf that he e-mailed me. I understand they originate from Argentina, seems those people have big-big cook out's there.

Here are some of your photos Jan:-

Ron
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Wed Feb 06, 2013 02:56

Great pics, really nice job Jan! I saw some whole beef cooked in that manner on one of Anthony Bourdains "No Reservations" tv show, but not to anywhere near the volume some of these guys are pulling off. My favorite is the whole hog on the spit. Thanks for posting! RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:10

Thanks Bubba,
I bet it was a big job loading these photos on the forum. Congratulations.
Cheers my Japie Mate,
Goed om jouw terug te sien op die forum
Jan.
Bubba
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bubba » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:46

You're welcome Jan, it was not all that difficult once I figured out how to convert a slide show back to a Powerpoint presentation where one can save the photos.
Once a Japie, always a Japie :)

I was invited to an Argentinian family cookout some years back, not nearly as extensive as the one's shown here though. They do have a very interesting and social way of entertaining.
Ron
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:00

Where Have Ya'all Been?

Bubba, o` Bubba, Our
Treasured and trusted ol` friend,
Where o' where ...
in the hell have you been?

You left us one day,
And to our dismay,
Popped up in Berlin,
Then Bombay!

You gave up your smoker in Alabama,
And lost your ol` grinder in Rome.
You misplaced all your casings in Paris,
And left your big stuffer at home.

No wonder you don`t make your sausage,
You`re buying them all once again;
You really should get with the program,
And make your own links now and then.

Now in your kitchen in Aitken,
You can craft those ol` chubs you adore;
Just thank the dear Lord that you have your pals,
To remind you how to make them once more!

Welcome home Bubba. You are the best! If you ever leave again, you'll have to get all our signatures as "written permission"! :lol:
Your ol' pal... with Best Wishes of course,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:16

Hey Crusty,
Your photos are amazing! Unbelievable. I'm sure that most sausages ever crafted throughout history, have not contained a curing agent other than salt. I wonder how many cases of illness and death have occurred because meat was stuffed in casings and smoked having obligate anaerobic microaerophile bacteria present. Our craft has come a long way in just the past few, "relatively recent" years. Thanks for posting your photos!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Bubba
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bubba » Wed Feb 06, 2013 18:05

Thank you so much CW, that is by far the best anyone has written for me. It will be printed out and framed :)

My absence was not meant bad at all, I learnt how to ride the horse backwards now as well. I'm in the saddle and riding.... :)
Ron
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Wed Feb 06, 2013 19:41

WOW!! Think about the logistics of organizing a cookout like that. That is a sacrifice of biblical proportions.
Bubba , glad to have you back.
Ross- tightwad home cook
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 19:58

I was thinking that they had some Japies and Poms there, after looking at those big rolls of Cumberland sausage and Boerewors. They certainly must be a hungry lot.
It would certainly be great to get an invitation to a braai like this.

I have come to the conclusion that eating home made sausages does not elevate your cholesterol, in me anyway. I went for a check up and found out that my cholesterol was 3.2 after eating quite a bit of smoked csbai and other goodies over the last few month.
What a relief!!!!!!!!!!!
Regards,
Jan.
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Wed Feb 06, 2013 20:16

"That is a sacrifice of biblical proportions."

No kidding, some of those pics make me think a entire herd was offered up. Looks like someone had quite a chunk of change to throw down in order to host that party, maybe a cattle baron's daughter got married.

I most likely would have passed on the giant rolls of sausage being smoked out in the open, even tho I'm sure those guys know what they're doing. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”