Yet another BBQ Brisket

sausagemaneric
Frequent User
Frequent User

Yet another BBQ Brisket

Post by sausagemaneric » Sun Jan 11, 2015 04:52

So I bought myself a 17.5 pound Brisket. It was a "Select" Grade. I pumped and brined it for 18 hrs or so with a mixture of 1 cup salt, 1/2 cup surgar, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup worchestershire sause and some pickling spice in 2-1/2 gallons of ice water. Removed, rinsed and coated it with Paul Prudehomes salt free cajun seasoning. In the weber at 300 degrees gradually coming down to 200-250 degrees for 7hrs. Then I wrapped it tight with aluminum foil, into a pan so as not to loose the juices and into the oven at 180 degrees for two hours. This makes about the best brisket I've done. This is the third time I've done it this way and they come out consistantly good. The thin part at the flat is still juicy and it's nice and tender. The first time I did it this way I have the temp at 250 when I wrapped it in foil. That squeezed a lot of juice out of the meat and dried it a bit. The only way this could have been better is if it had been a "Choice" brisket. I know this flies in the face of traditionalists, but it comes out smokey, tender and juicy with lots of brisketey flavor. Hopefully when I get to "BBQ Heaven" I will find the right way to do it...............but for now this is the way I will be maken em

V-465
V465
sambal badjak
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by sambal badjak » Mon Jan 12, 2015 13:58

Sounds good!
Do you have any pictures?
life is too short to drink bad wine (anonymus)
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Mon Jan 12, 2015 20:31

The true test of cooking a brisket is being able to replicate the results. Sounds like you've done that and I wouldn't go changing anything. IMO, brisket is one of the hardest meats to cook properly and being consistant tells me you have it nailed.
sausagemaneric
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by sausagemaneric » Tue Jan 13, 2015 04:44

I didn't picture up this one. I will photobucket the next one
V465