Venison Slim Jims Batch

nepas
Frequent User
Frequent User

Venison Slim Jims Batch

Post by nepas » Wed Jan 18, 2012 15:47

Doing these in 3 lb batches.

1st up is black forest (in bowl) Teriyaki on deck (left)

BF

Next is teriyaki.

BF & Teriyaki andging with hickory smoke going.

While those 2 batches are hanging i'm going to mix up some AC OP Nacho.

3 lbs of AC OP Nacho. Going to fridge these and smoke later this afternoon.

1.5 hours at 130, Getting smoke now at 140.
NePaSmoker
KCBS Member
MAK Grill #48
Retired
http://bluesmokeandbbq.blogspot.com/
Keymaster
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Keymaster » Thu Jan 19, 2012 02:12

Looks good Rick, I'm really interested in this "Black forest technique" you have applied to the last couple post. It really darkens the stix a lot. I know its a secret but hows about a hint? :wink:
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Thu Jan 19, 2012 02:22

Nepas, I am impressed by your productivity but some recipes would contribute a lot to the forum and I doubt the competition would harm you. So far you have told us what wonderful sausage you make in marvelously large quantity. But you haven't offered much helpful advise or technique.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Devo
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Post by Devo » Thu Jan 19, 2012 02:48

ssorllih wrote:Nepas, I am impressed by your productivity but some recipes would contribute a lot to the forum and I doubt the competition would harm you. So far you have told us what wonderful sausage you make in marvelously large quantity. But you haven't offered much helpful advise or technique.
ssorllih
Nepa's has a recipe vault that only he has the key for. Now maybe we can talk Keymaster since he is a locksmith into making us some keys for said vault :lol: :lol:
Keymaster
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Keymaster » Thu Jan 19, 2012 03:45

Devo wrote:
ssorllih wrote:Nepas, I am impressed by your productivity but some recipes would contribute a lot to the forum and I doubt the competition would harm you. So far you have told us what wonderful sausage you make in marvelously large quantity. But you haven't offered much helpful advise or technique.
ssorllih
Nepa's has a recipe vault that only he has the key for. Now maybe we can talk Keymaster since he is a locksmith into making us some keys for said vault :lol: :lol:
The combination to the vault is as follows: Left- compliments, Right- questions, Left- Answers and replies, Right the vault will open and you will get a excellent recipe.

It took me ten years to get a bread and butter pickle recipe from my wifes grandmother, I have about 8 from nepas in the past 2 years :mrgreen:
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Thu Jan 19, 2012 04:05

I read today that there are about 250 published and proven recipes for sausage. When I have encountered secretive people in the past I have simply worked around them and found that I always come out ahead.
When I first had opportunity to review this book: http://www.amazon.com/Charcuterie-Craft ... 0393058298
I was impressed with how much print the authors devoted to telling me how wonderful they are. That anyone would expend that much paper and ink on ego and not on quality content bewilders me.
Stanley and Adam Marianski Just get right to the heart of the matter of sausage making and meat curing and say little about how clever they are. They have however written one of the more scholarly books that you can find that is written for someone that is not a forth year foods major.
Ross- tightwad home cook