Wild sheep meat pies.

fatboyz
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Wild sheep meat pies.

Post by fatboyz » Sun Dec 31, 2017 18:17

Well it's been -30 +for the last week so it's nice to have the oven on. I'm in between charcuterie projects. They're either in the fridge in Vacuum bags or in the chamber. Being so cold out I decided to make meat pies. I've been saving some wild sheep for something special. I made individual size pies.
Image[/img]
Image[/img]
Image[/img]
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Sun Dec 31, 2017 18:25

Those look great ! No veggies?? And sending that Canadian air down here is not appreciated :evil:
redzed

Post by redzed » Sun Dec 31, 2017 18:29

Hey, I'll take one of those! Looks like all in one dish goulash and I have never tasted a wild mutton. What are the seasonings other than paprika?
fatboyz
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Post by fatboyz » Sun Dec 31, 2017 19:29

This wouldn't be classed as Mutton, this would be lamb. This was a ewe lamb so very tender. Much closer in taste to young venison. Very simple spices for this. Fried onions and some bacon, a little celery, and sheep, salt pepper, garlic and smoked Paprika. I did use beef stock for the liquid. Very nice with some homemade Artisan bread.

Bob, nope no vegies. This is a traditional Prairie meat pie. If you were light on meat you might add a few root vegetables like turnip or spuds. I prefer all meat.