PS Seasoning Smokers

sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

PS Seasoning Smokers

Post by sawhorseray » Wed Aug 08, 2012 15:07

It appears thing aren't going to work out with the Sausage Maker Inc and that I'll be in the market for a new smokehouse. I see the Cabelas Pro Series 50 & 100 smokers are made by PS Seasonings right here in America. I'm wondering if anyone has had some experience with these smokers, or knows someone that has. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Wed Aug 08, 2012 16:10

Ray, why not apply your skills to building what you want and recuit an electrician friend to build the controls. You could frame it up and cover the inside with cement board tile backer,insulate the stud bays and apply whatever weather board you liked.
These folks can supply the electronics. http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_ ... x&cPath=17
Ross- tightwad home cook
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Wed Aug 08, 2012 16:36

ssorllih wrote:Ray, why not apply your skills to building what you want and recuit an electrician friend to build the controls. You could frame it up and cover the inside with cement board tile backer,insulate the stud bays and apply whatever weather board you liked.
These folks can supply the electronics. http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_ ... x&cPath=17
Right before I began my fiasco with Sausage Maker I brought home an old freezer with intentions of turning it into a smoker. It was going to be a bit large to store in the garage so I thought the side yard with a blue tarp over it would do just fine. My wife suggested that maybe a old wrecked pick-up truck parked on the front lawn would add to the ambience, I got the message. She's willing to spring for the smoker as a combo birthday / Xmas present, and as a reprisal for all my efforts in turning our shade structure in a wasp / mosquito free zone. My wife is allergic to bee stings, and we live where West Nile Virus has become a growing problem, and wasps are a constant pain thru-out the summer. I finished this room for her a couple of months ago and now she's got it furnished with some chairs and tables and loves to sit out back for our evening cocktail. My father always told me, "Raymond, when someone wants to give you money, let them". This is close enough for me, if my wife wants to give me something nice, I'm going to let her.

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Wed Aug 08, 2012 16:45

That works. Nice shade house.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Aug 09, 2012 03:03

Sawhorse, I've got it! I've got it! Put your wife in the old, wrecked, pickup truck on the front lawn and turn that beautiful room into a smokehouse! :mrgreen:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Darthfrog
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Darthfrog » Thu Aug 09, 2012 06:51

Chuckwagon wrote:Sawhorse, I've got it! I've got it! Put your wife in the old, wrecked, pickup truck on the front lawn and turn that beautiful room into a smokehouse! :mrgreen:
Chuck, you're a life-long bachelor, aren't you?

--
Cheers,
Rob
I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Aug 09, 2012 07:10

Several times Darth! :roll:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Thu Aug 09, 2012 16:32

Chuckwagon wrote:Sawhorse, I've got it! I've got it! Put your wife in the old, wrecked, pickup truck on the front lawn and turn that beautiful room into a smokehouse! :mrgreen:
She wouldn't be happy, it's supposed to be 106° here today.

The wood pellets are what turn me off from the Bradley's
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Aug 10, 2012 20:23

Topic Split 08.10.12@13:20MDT by Chuckwagon - (See: "Cabellas Equipment" in Hardware forum)
Stew

Post by Stew » Mon Jul 01, 2013 02:20

Hi Ray I'm a newbie. Noticed you live in Elk grove. I live in Galt and work in elk grove. Would like to talk sausage with you sometime if you would like. My number is 916-216-1676. Thanks, have a great one! Randy
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 03:14

Randy,
When you talk to Ray make sure you get an invitation to watch how he cures and smokes his 7UP chicken.
Good Luck,.
Jan.