Tom J
Beginner
Beginner

Cleaning-Home made smoke venturi generator parts

Post by Tom J » Wed Jan 16, 2013 16:20

This works very well for me.
what you will need:

Old pot. 2 to 4 quart size.

Dish soap and water. (About 2 teaspoons of soap per quart of water)

Round steel wire plumber brush the size of your tubing (1/2 "or 3/4 ") for cleaning inside of tubing after it is boiled.

Next.

Disassemble all tubing parts and place in pot with soap water.

Bring to A boil. Reduce heat as needed to keep soap/water (S/W) from boiling over. Cleaning can take up to an hour (or more) depending on how grungy your tubing is at the start.

There are two things set in stone here. One; this is sure to smell like A dirty ash tray when cooking. Two; if you walk off and leave the soap/water unattended until the boil is set, it will boil over.

When you see the S/W has turn dark, take A part out and check inside. Here is where the wire brush is used to help dislodge hard caked residue. Repeat as needed.

Bon Apatite.

Tom J
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:25

Thanks for sharing that information Tom. How often do you actually do this?
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
victorgriffin

Post by victorgriffin » Tue Apr 23, 2013 05:28

I was not knowing about it thanks for sharing with us but one of my friend told me that we can add vinegar also in water with soap water so i wanted to know that can we.
Visit for your house forming an llc in Florida.
Tom J
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Tom J » Wed May 08, 2013 22:22

CW
Thanks for sharing that information Tom. How often do you actually do this?
Sorry about the long wait for reply. Have had some medical problems in the family and I have been playing Mr Mom.
I clean it mostly after each use. However, there is an easier and much faster way to clean all the parts. It's called Easy-Off Oven Cleaner. Follow all instructions on the can and wrench completely with clean water. The plumber's brush for the inside is still A big help.

Tom J