Dehumidifying problemm

el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Thu Jan 16, 2014 16:17

Beautiful looking sausage. Beautiful looking equipment, too. I'm impressed! Keep those pictures and information coming. What brand of controller are you using? (I have certain cravings...)
:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Jan 16, 2014 16:40

Indeed!
Resistbody has a love for this craft down deep in his soul... like many others posting on our Wedliny Domowe forums. Your sausages look great and your equipment is outstanding. Keep up the terrific work! And keep in touch with us.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
resistbody
Beginner
Beginner

Post by resistbody » Fri Jan 17, 2014 21:34

el Ducko wrote:Beautiful looking sausage. Beautiful looking equipment, too. I'm impressed! Keep those pictures and information coming. What brand of controller are you using? (I have certain cravings...)
:mrgreen:
Temperature controler is Cromoelectra CRT11 - it came with the fridge, so I left it, not very good, but works :)
Humidity controller is DHC-100 , bought it from Ebay from Poland(came in 5-6 days) for about 50euro, but now I see they rise the price to 400 0_o

Actualy in Bulgaria we have prety good controlers, but as this is my first, dont want to risk with more expensive controller, first I was looking at this TCW122B-CM - price for controller and probe(temp+humidity) was about 200+$
Was looking for Auberins controller, but after shipping and customs charges price goes high...
resistbody
Beginner
Beginner

Post by resistbody » Wed Feb 19, 2014 18:27

Hello again. I made my first batch of dry whole meat cuts (dont know how it is in english)
Its pork and veal filets (longissimus dorsi and psoas minor - in Latin)
The veal was well done, but prok was bit juicy... in monday i put new batch of veal, and today new batch of pork. Will keep you in line.
All is eaten, so i could upload photos of test cuts only
In chamber
The Veal
The Pork

BTW I'm checking how much electricity chamber consumes, and it is average of 10kWh per day.
redzed

Post by redzed » Wed Feb 19, 2014 19:17

Very nice! Whole muscle meats are so much less work and almost always turn out great, I don't know why more people dont make them. I always have pork loins in my chamber, but have never tried pork fillets (more commonly sold here as pork tenderloin). Will have to try it.

RB, did you cold smoke that meat? I'm wondering since there is no evidence of mould on it.
resistbody
Beginner
Beginner

Post by resistbody » Wed Feb 19, 2014 20:44

The picture is in the begining of process, but the mold get lost last month, now seems came back :D

And I have 45% weight loss of my smallest diameter sausages fi19mm of the casing. Made 10,400kg, took out 5,500kg, time was 8 days (2-3 in higher temp) and 5 in chamber

I dont use smoke.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Feb 21, 2014 20:41

Wow! Very nice resistbody! Beautiful color throughout. Just curious why you don't use smoke. Any special reason?

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
resistbody
Beginner
Beginner

Post by resistbody » Tue Feb 25, 2014 14:19

Chuckwagon wrote:Wow! Very nice resistbody! Beautiful color throughout. Just curious why you don't use smoke. Any special reason?

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Dont have smoke house :D is the one reason, second is that here in Bulgaria there is only a few types of smoke-dried sausages, and not whole meat cuts. Only smoked or only dryed.
resistbody
Beginner
Beginner

Post by resistbody » Sat Mar 01, 2014 08:36

Second batch of dry veal lion(hope right word)
Total 23days, 14 inside chamber, and 9 in room (14-16 C) not hanged - in case (plastic box)

Also bought new glove
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Mar 03, 2014 08:04

Good looking veal!
How about letting me borrow that glove? I would like to punch out a certain Duck around here. :lol:
resistbody
Beginner
Beginner

Post by resistbody » Sat Aug 16, 2014 18:46

Hi all again, haven't been posting for a while...
Last 2 monts I've restored this dual semiautomatic clipping macine... got it fully dissasembled to parts, cleaned, welded broken parts, new air hoses, new micro pneumatic switches, new rubber seal.... hope use it soon, still dont have air compressor.

And today start next project.... new drying chamber..
Will use Auberins Humidity Controller and Microsyst Temperature Controller(Bulgarian made)

More pics and details soon...
cogboy
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by cogboy » Sun Aug 17, 2014 15:53

Resistbody, I would love to see your pics of the curing chamber when you finish it.
resistbody
Beginner
Beginner

Post by resistbody » Sun Aug 17, 2014 20:49

Do some work today.
Stripped up and cleaed, half of the wires got changed, because eaten by rats.(It was in warehouse since 2009)
Heating coils installed

To be continued...
Janlab
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Janlab » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:33

Looks good so far...
Tell me, is there a specific reason for the temp controller over the Auberins dual temp/humidity unit? Or did you just have it.
I am stocking up for my own build...
Jan L
resistbody
Beginner
Beginner

Post by resistbody » Mon Aug 18, 2014 14:24

Janlab wrote:Looks good so far...
Tell me, is there a specific reason for the temp controller over the Auberins dual temp/humidity unit? Or did you just have it.
I am stocking up for my own build...
Jan L
I have 7-8 of these(2 was left for spare, this is the one of them), use them for my cold rooms and display fridges. Made in Bulgaria(where I'm from), could be repaired anytime. And I'm very satisfied by their work, and have a lot settings.
This is the model http://www.microsyst.net/index.php?page ... rt&lang=en
I dont like plug in controllers, prefer to look more professional. And if one of them get broken, I'll change only one.