Curing Chamber

NorthFork
Frequent User
Frequent User

Curing Chamber

Post by NorthFork » Thu Jan 29, 2015 13:45

Not sure if anyone is interested in this but thought I should pass it along. If you are on the West Coast within a reasonable distance of Tumwater, WA this might be a real steal-it is a lab. incubator at a surplus auction in Tumwater. Here is a link to the actual item-- http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/all,wa ... uc=1294565 . I would pick this up myself (providing the bidding doesn't get crazy) but I can't get away to pick it up before the deadline. The auction closes Jan. 30 at 8:00 PM Pac. time. I looked up some specs on this and it looks like it has everything but humidity--here are the specs I found

Temperature Range: -10 to 40 degrees C

Temperature Uniformity: +/-0.5 degrees C

Shipping Weight: 163 kg (360 lbs.)

This auction site is easy to work with, you would just need to setup an account to actually bid the item.

Pat
I've always tried to set a good example for others-but many times I've had to settle for just being a horrible warning!
redzed

Post by redzed » Thu Jan 29, 2015 19:28

Hey Pat, we stayed in Tumwater a couple of days ago on our way back from San Diego! Looks like a converted fridge with an added heating capacity and and an expensive industrial controller. Would be a great starter for a curing chamber for someone. If I did not live on this darned island with expensive ferry rates, I would probably throw in a bid on it since my curing chamber (a converted all-fridge, is getting quite rusty inside).

I think someone will get a steal on that one.
NorthFork
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by NorthFork » Thu Jan 29, 2015 22:47

I hope someone picks up on this unit-looks like a good start to a nice curing chamber.

I am kind of fond of Tumwater-- met my wife there dang near 50 years ago while working for Weyerhauser, nice place to be from if you don't like the rain!! Shoot!! We even drank Oly in those days----
I've always tried to set a good example for others-but many times I've had to settle for just being a horrible warning!