CC humidifier

soccerguy83
Beginner
Beginner

CC humidifier

Post by soccerguy83 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 16:33

Good morning all, first post.

I am finally getting around to building my curing chamber and start making some product. I have a 35 bottle wine cooler that has built in temp control which will keep it right at 57F no problem. I'm going to be using an InkBird IHC-200 for humidity control. As I live in a very humid state, I will need both a humidifier and de-humidifier to keep things where they need to be. I will be running an Ivation IVADM10 de-humidifier. I'm having trouble finding a small ultrasonic humidifier with a constant on switch that doesn't take up half the chamber haha. I'm also thinking of wiring up a small computer fan to run at the same time as the humidifier to get some air movement in the chamber.

Those of you who have built small chambers in the past, what have you used? I would prefer not to use the salt bath route to keep it fairly controllable.

Thank you for the assistance.
Brian - Colonial Embers BBQ Team
Memento mori, Memento vivere
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Fri Aug 11, 2017 13:26

Brian-
Welcome to the Forum!

Slebus has pics of a small humidifier this string.... Page 2. Running a small fan at the same time works well

http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.ph ... sc&start=0
soccerguy83
Beginner
Beginner

Post by soccerguy83 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 14:36

Bob, thanks a bunch! That looks perfect for my needs, I sent Sleebus a PM about it.
Sleebus
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Sleebus » Fri Aug 11, 2017 14:47

Yep. Made that little thing to wedge into a dorm fridge.

It's made out of a ultrasonic mist maker for fountains and a tiny computer fan. A bit of hot glue and it's good to go. Worked perfectly fine, but the water volume was undersized for a large freezer type chamber. PM me if you're interested in buying it; I'm not using it anymore.
soccerguy83
Beginner
Beginner

Post by soccerguy83 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 18:28

Last night I sanitized my chamber and will be starting her up this evening to run for a couple days prior to hanging my first Coppa!