Ink bird ihc-200 failure

Leesel
Beginner
Beginner

Ink bird ihc-200 failure

Post by Leesel » Sat Jul 10, 2021 18:02

Hey all
Went to check my salami to see how it was drying and opened the chamber and was met with a cloud of fog. I checked the humidity reading and it was up at 99%.
The ink bird had switched over to work 2 and was dehumidify but also the humidifier was going at the same time even though work 1 wasn’t illuminated.
I powered down the unit hoping that might reset it, that didn’t work, I power cycled the unit hoping that might force it to work correctly, it didn’t. I tried a factory reset that seemed to do nothing either.

I’ve unplugged the humidifier now and left the Dehumidifer running in some vain hope of saving the salami.
I’m assuming the relay isn’t switching over correctly or is some how stuck with both running regardless of which LED is on but my knowledge of electronics stops about there.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so is the unit fixable? If not can any one recommend a better more reliable humidity controller that’s available in the uk.

Thanks for any info anyone can give.
Lee
redzed

Re: Ink bird ihc-200 failure

Post by redzed » Sun Jul 11, 2021 15:43

Everything can fail, so don't be surprised. The ink birds are quite popular and usually dependable. You can check out the Auberins products, https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main ... x&cPath=37

I have the Auberins temp and humidity controller, but a couple of years go I started using the Inkbird 200 to operate my humidifier and dehumidifier because the auberins humidity sensor was overly sensitive to the drop in humidity when the compressor kicked in. The Inkbird sensor seemed to have a longer delay before it would switch the dehumidifier on.
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Sun Jul 11, 2021 16:47

I also have the Auber Instruments controller and have used it for 7 years without a problem although I recently replaced the sensor as it was getting outside of the offset adjustments for the unit.
They do ship overseas.
redzed wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 15:43
the auberins humidity sensor was overly sensitive to the drop in humidity when the compressor kicked in. The Inkbird sensor seemed to have a longer delay before it would switch the dehumidifier on.
You have a +- 50 degree control differential that you can adjust to increase the delay. It does react fairly quickly to a change if you leave it at the factory setting of +- 3 degrees.
https://www.auberins.com/images/Manual/TH215_manual.pdf
Leesel
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Leesel » Sun Jul 11, 2021 17:10

Thanks for the info guys, I had a look at the Auber link, they look great but sadly they don’t seem to run at UK voltage.
In the mean time the Ink bird seems to have spring back to life but I’ve ordered a second unit as a spare just in case. I had a look at various brands but they seem the most straight forward plug and play available in the uk.
Thanks again
Lee
redzed

Post by redzed » Sun Jul 11, 2021 19:14

The other thing that I like about the Inkbird is that the replacement sensors are available and are not that expensive. Maybe it's just a sensor problem you are having.
Leesel
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Leesel » Sun Jul 11, 2021 19:33

redzed wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 19:14
The other thing that I like about the Inkbird is that the replacement sensors are available and are not that expensive. Maybe it's just a sensor problem you are having.
I didn’t know that, that’s really useful info. I’ll check their website.
I’ve had suspicions for a while about the sensor as when I’ve calibrated it between cures it doesn’t need any offsets but the cheap humidity sensors I’ve got dotted round the chamber always read higher. I presumed that that was just the inconsistencies of my fridge. My salamis always seem to take longer to dry than guys on here, so perhaps you are right.

Thanks Red
redzed

Post by redzed » Sun Jul 11, 2021 20:13

Leesel
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Leesel » Sun Jul 11, 2021 22:00

Brilliant thanks Red