Time to get things going again

Devo
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Time to get things going again

Post by Devo » Sun Mar 26, 2023 20:05

Well its been over 4 years since I made any Dry Cured products. Many other interests just took over but since I still have all my equipment it was time to clean up and fine tune the curing chamber. Had to reread the instructions on my auber pid controllers LOL
Did a couple of test runs at keeping temps and humidity where they were set to. One of my temp and humidity monitors bit the dust but my other three seem to be working just fine. The one that bit the dust I liked as I could hook it up to my computer and graph the temps and humidity. Good way to document the products from start to finish.

Now time to go to the bank and get a loan so I can buy some meat :lol:

Devo
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Re: Time to get things going again

Post by Devo » Wed Mar 29, 2023 22:12

Well it was good that I ran a few test runs on the old chamber. My trusty humidifier died today. They say with dry curing you can expect a 50\50 chance of success and fails and that would have been a fail for sure.
Got a new on order and a just received my Govee WiFi Digital Thermometer Hygrometer, Smart Indoor Humidity Meter Temperature Sensor with App Notification which seems to work great and only added for extra monitoring. The Wi-Fi is great when your not at home. Still not sure what I will get going first but I have waited this long to get back into it I might try a few things I have not tried in the past. First things first is getting the chamber dialed back in.
redzed

Post by redzed » Thu Mar 30, 2023 04:28

Hope things work out with the chamber. Dry run results are never the same as when the chamber os loaded with product. I've also had mine hibernating since last summer and am in the process of getting it going againt this weekend. Will be hanging a couple of coppas, a lonza and three different salami. Meat is all ready.
Devo
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Post by Devo » Thu Mar 30, 2023 20:41

What brand of PID controller are you using on your Chamber Red?