Can Sausage Recipes Be Copyrighted?

markjass
Passionate
Passionate

Post by markjass » Mon Jan 21, 2013 08:12

So who owns the ideas or recipes expressed on a web pages and what control of things that I write. There is one web page that I no longer contribute to because of this particular clause: I find that this is a shocking clause.

Making a submission to this site assumes you are willing to share it with the public. So please use care when deciding to post any personal information. All postings, including recipes, restaurant recommendations, stories, anecdotes, and questions, will become the property of 345678.com. As such, they can be used on this and other sites **** is affiliated with and in future books, articles, and newsletters by ******* without specific permission or compensation. Efforts will be made to credit the contributor by name when possible. If you prefer to remain anonymous, please let us know when you make your submission.

Under this clause a web page could take all the ideas and recipes submitted for free and publish a book and make money with minimal effort.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Jan 21, 2013 15:34

Mark, There is much more to producing a book than just collecting the content. Ben Franklin believed that knowledge should be freely share and objected to the use of patents. He invented the "Franklin Fireplace" produced it and marketed it without a patent because he rightly believed that the benefit to people in lower fuel consumption was greater than the benefit of having exclusive right to manufacture.
Ross- tightwad home cook
redzed

Post by redzed » Mon Jan 21, 2013 15:36