First Salametti Cacciatore

markjass
Passionate
Passionate

Post by markjass » Tue Feb 05, 2013 00:50

Wow that looks fantastic. How inspiring.

Mark
sausage-john
Beginner
Beginner

Post by sausage-john » Sun Feb 10, 2013 14:37

Well started my second batch; washed the off a couple of times with a vinegar solution and on day 8 have a nice mold showing.

Imagettp://[/img]

Does anyone has issues with the temperature controller from the sausagemaker?
http://www.sausagemaker.com/19000temper ... oller.aspx

Seems like every so often it cuts out on me and have to reset it again, I think I am following all the proper settings; 1st I reset the unit and set the temperature to 55F and set the time. The fridge is kicking in when it reaches 57F.

John
sausage-john
Beginner
Beginner

Post by sausage-john » Sat Feb 23, 2013 01:00

Day 17 on my second batch of Salametti Cacciatore and 1st Pepperoni, 1st batch of salami almost gone................

Imagep://[/img]

Cheers,

John
redzed

Post by redzed » Sat Feb 23, 2013 06:35

Great progress John! You have inspired me to start cranking out some fermented sausages and restart my curing chamber. I'm currently cosidering making a Soppressata made with wild goose and duck and a Cacciatore made with goose and pork.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:06

SausageJohn, you ol' shark! That stuff looks fabulous! I'd better come up there just to make sure you're holding the knife at the correct angle while slicing! :roll: We might have to go through the process quite a bit. I still don't believe you are a beginner. Great lookin' stuff pal!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
sausage-john
Beginner
Beginner

Post by sausage-john » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:19

redzed wrote:Great progress John! You have inspired me to start cranking out some fermented sausages and restart my curing chamber. I'm currently cosidering making a Soppressata made with wild goose and duck and a Cacciatore made with goose and pork.
Thanks guys,
I am new to cured sausage making, but made sausages for a while.

I used deer and pork meat in the cacciatore, had such great feedback from my first had to do another batch. Did vacuum bagged some and placed in freezer, defrosted one the other day and it tasted great, try to get a ahead of myself and get some summer inventory going.
Will do the large deer salami (sausagemaker kit) and some coppa and deer bresaola next.

Anyone ever made Salsiz, it is a traditional sausage from the eastern part of switzerland and is pressed like a landjaeger?

Cheers, John