Thanks guys ! Mold here

Saltedtyme30
User
User

Thanks guys ! Mold here

Post by Saltedtyme30 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 23:39

Hey guys ! Thanks for the info here is my meat locker and listening to redzed and the guys I have beautiful mold on my new batch. One concern is i always get green mold on my whole muscle cures. But I see in culetelli and other ones in Italy and stuff they have a lot of green mold with no concern. I have a close up of a coppa almost done and has blooms of green popping up like fuzzy. Thanks guys !

Philip Anthony
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Mon Dec 21, 2015 15:25

Well you never really know if the colored molds or yeast are good or bad, its just safer to wipe them off and let the white mold take over. Most of the time green molds are OK

The mold in the caves and cellars in Italy have been cultivated for centuries and are known to be of the good variety. What you have are unknown.
redzed

Post by redzed » Mon Dec 21, 2015 18:03

Well, your curing chamber and selection of products looks fantastic! You are well on your way in mastering the craft! Eventually the white mould will predominate and eliminate the other moulds in the chamber. It there is a bit of that turquoise colour don't worry about it. Just keep an eye out for the black moulds, these appear as spots and go through the casings and into the meat.

When you pull any of that delectable looking stuff, take a picture of the cross section (the money shot) and post here. :lol:

Merry Christmas!

redzed
Saltedtyme30
User
User

Post by Saltedtyme30 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 19:19

Guys thanks so much for help I really owe you guys for this is now my business of work. I have read books but this forum helped me the most. God bless to all and have a merry Christmas !
Philip Anthony